I think the 3DS version of Smash Bros will be better than the Wii U version

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 4/1/2013 4:53:07 PM
Graphics:
3D VS HD - I really don't care much for upgrading nintendo games past gamecube level graphics, it is completely fine by me. The 3DS is more than capable of putting out good graphics, without needing to be boosted further, plus it has 3D, which the Wii U doesn't have. I'd rather have good graphics and optional 3D than slightly better graphics and no 3D.

Gameplay:
3DS w/circle pad pro VS Blocky tablet - i have an XL with a CCP XL so size isn't an issue and niether is comfort. If they add voice chat i have a built in mic. If they add text chat, i have a touch screen. im good. The real problem though is the Wii U controller...i don't want to play on that huge oversized block of a controller it looks so uncomfortable though this is slightly bias i guess. i heard it is light, but big deal. Also if you can put the imagery on the controller and you want to play that way on Wii U, thats fine, but i'd rather play on my cute pika xl than that ugly tablet made with recycled Wii 1 parts.

Sound:
Headphones + Controller speaker vs Surround sound system w/ Controller speaker - look i really don't care for surround sound, nor have i ever owned it in my life, but i like throwing headphones on at night laying in my bed, and i want to play smash bros. i dont care about huddling around the surround sound speakers to hear pikachu's lightning in the most crisp clearity, it isnt a big deal >_>...

Replay value:
Anywhere with wifi VS huddling around a TV - anywhere wins obviously. i know you can import data to your controller but if i want a handheld device it wouldn't be that tablet controller. please read above--gameplay is superior with the circle pad pro grip and XL. Wii U tablet only has one screen, so i feel advantages there that i forgot to mention...

Winner: Not the Wii U
#2Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 4:53:50 PM
also, can you charge the wii u controller while playing? i dont think you can--which is a huge huge negative for the wiiu if true.
#3Tzuba12Posted 4/1/2013 4:55:07 PM
April fools!
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 4:57:03 PM
the only way i see the wiiu version being better is if nintendo pulls something stupid and makes the 3DS version offline in which case i will probably write them many hate mails.
#5Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/1/2013 4:57:17 PM
I think the only thing Smash Brothers on 3DS will do really well is make people wear out/break their analog circle pads.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#6Magikoopa21Posted 4/1/2013 5:04:36 PM(edited)
I think it depends on whether the game will be exactly the same game on both systems or not. If it is, the Wii U version will most likely be better just because they will spend much more time developing it, and the console version of games is usually better than handheld versions. If they decide to make some differences to take advantage of the 3DS, then the 3DS version could be better. Either way I'm excited to find out!

EDIT: To address your points TC, I really think your arguments are pretty weak. You're basically saying:

"I don't care if the Wii U version has better graphics"
"I don't care if the Wii U version has better sound"
"I have the XL CPP which most people don't have, I've never used a Wii U controller"

and then that somehow leads you to say "the 3DS version of Smash Bros will be better than the Wii U version." I don't think even you believe that. You're just saying you can look past the 3DS version's inferiorities and still like it. I'm sure you can and will, but you're not arguing that the 3DS version will be better.
#7Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 5:02:54 PM
the console version of games is usually better than handheld versions.

no this logic does not apply anymore, the 3DS is flatout better than the Wii U is. it has better games, it has better features, it looks better on the outside, and its selling way better. Those days are nonexistant now. Handhelds have caught up.
#8Tzuba12Posted 4/1/2013 5:05:05 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the only way i see the wiiu version being better is if nintendo pulls something stupid and makes the 3DS version offline in which case i will probably write them many hate mails.

Haha yeah no. Everything you posted in your op tells me you know nothing about the WiiU and most of your "complaints" are moot.
---
#9Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 5:09:51 PM
Magikoopa21 posted...
I think it depends on whether the game will be exactly the same game on both systems or not. If it is, the Wii U version will most likely be better just because they will spend much more time developing it, and the console version of games is usually better than handheld versions. If they decide to make some differences to take advantage of the 3DS, then the 3DS version could be better. Either way I'm excited to find out!

EDIT: To address your points TC, I really think your arguments are pretty weak. You're basically saying:

"I don't care if the Wii U version has better graphics"
"I don't care if the Wii U version has better sound"
"I have the XL CPP which most people don't have, I've never used a Wii U controller"

and then that somehow leads you to say "the 3DS version of Smash Bros will be better than the Wii U version." I don't think even you believe that. You're just saying you can look past the 3DS version's inferiorities and still like it. I'm sure you can and will, but you're not arguing that the 3DS version will be better.

it doesnt have better graphics, it cant do 3d. i think the 3d adds a lot to the graphics. if the handheld version of smash doesnt have 3d i can live with it but yeah it would be slightly better graphically, but why would i care? graphics never made the game, i played n64 smash bros for years, and didnt care as much for brawl even though it had way better graphics.
#10Tzuba12Posted 4/1/2013 5:11:19 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the console version of games is usually better than handheld versions.

no this logic does not apply anymore, the 3DS is flatout better than the Wii U is. it has better games, it has better features, it looks better on the outside, and its selling way better. Those days are nonexistant now. Handhelds have caught up.

In what world does the 3DS have better features?
---