Why is it taking Nintendo so long to upload a Rom of Zelda to the eShop?

#31mahgah91Posted 4/3/2013 8:37:54 AM
x_Sigma_x posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
You're talking as though Nintendo has a choice between Golf and the Oracles games and can only choose one. By releasing okay games first, Nintendo is getting sales that they normally wouldn't get. Then when the great games are released, people will also buy those. If only the great games are released, Nintendo would be missing out on sales.
In other words, what they're doing now helps in the long run, even if we don't like it.

My "impulse" buying habits don't change because of a drought or an artificial drought. If they want impulse buyers there are better ways to go about it (aka an actual sale on the eShop) than slowly trickling games out. In my case, what they are doing is having the opposite effect; in that, I really am losing interest in the titles I want to see come out and am willing to buy. An example, DQM2 and Golden Sun are 2 of many games I would love to buy, but by the time they ever come out I will have moved on.

Also this. I'll impulsively buy $40 retail games before I feel even the most remote impulse to buy $3.99 Golf.
#32_Parakarry_Posted 4/3/2013 9:00:26 AM
I'm a customer so I have the RIGHT and am ENTITLED to dictate how a company runs their business.

Any consumer has the right to complain. They're the ones choosing to spending their money on a product from this specific company.
---
The name's Parakarry.
I deliver letters.
#33MrKunioPosted 4/3/2013 10:09:59 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
Marketing, ESRB ratings, etc.

Marketing lol. What marketing? I still have yet to see a wiiu commercial on tv. Ive had my 3ds a lmost a year and have seen appx 2 commercials that market the handheld to middle age women.

Worst marketing ever
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#34jakestar0306Posted 4/3/2013 10:46:59 AM
MrKunio posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
Marketing, ESRB ratings, etc.

Marketing lol. What marketing? I still have yet to see a wiiu commercial on tv. Ive had my 3ds a lmost a year and have seen appx 2 commercials that market the handheld to middle age women.

Worst marketing ever

Not that kind of marketing. Read the earlier posts.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#35LooksLikeRainPosted 4/3/2013 10:54:58 AM
mahgah91 posted...
adampeltz posted...
It's not just "uploading a rom". It's also about preparing marketing, legal fees, negotiating with and compensating those who developed the game for royalties, preparing a digital manual, having that digital manual copyrighted, etc.

It's a process to go from "rom" to "eShop Release." You can see how it snowballs.

Nope. Nintendo has the presence and resources to get the Oracle games on there whenever they want to. Nintendo's taking their time because they think it keeps the market value of these games high. Same reason why 3DS, Wii and Wii U don't share the same VC libraries, because Nintendo treats each generation of each console line as a new line of consumers, while Sony rewards consumer loyalty by letting many features crossover between PSP and Vita as well as PS3 and Vita. Same with Microsoft, I'm sure their next Xbox will allow for XBOX Live Arcade titles to be played.

Lol this kid.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#36TerraPhantomPosted 4/3/2013 1:23:43 PM
noutBr posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
You're talking as though Nintendo has a choice between Golf and the Oracles games and can only choose one. By releasing okay games first, Nintendo is getting sales that they normally wouldn't get. Then when the great games are released, people will also buy those. If only the great games are released, Nintendo would be missing out on sales.
In other words, what they're doing now helps in the long run, even if we don't like it.

I wonder if this strategy is really working that well for Nintendo.

Personally I simply don't buy games I'm not interested in. With the Wii I eventually became so annoyed and bored by the slow pace at which the decent VC games came out that I just stopped caring and got my fix by connecting my old consoles again or playing on emulators. By the time the good games were released I was no longer interested in buying them. Now I also have a Vita and a Galaxy Note II so I always have something to play and I certainly don't have to rely solely on the eShop for my portable gaming goodness.

I can't be the only gamer who feels like this so I have my doubts about this strategy, especially now with smartphones, tablets and so many other options to play cheap or free games everywhere you want. If customers don't see anything they like on the eShop they will just pick up their phone/tablet and start browsing those markets, or how about steam, psn and xbox live?

You say Nintendo would miss out on sales if they would release their VC titles faster but I say they are losing money because they are so slow about it. On Wii I stopped caring and it will be the case with the 3DS and Wii U too if Nintendo doesn't get their act together soon. Though their slow pace is only part of the reason, the ridiculous pricing is just as important. They expect me to pay €4,99 for a NES rom? Up yours Nintendo.

This. I still own my old gameboys (and a DSLite) and have most of the classics that I want to play. I'm willing to pay good money to have them all on a single console... but if Nintendo doesn't want my money, I'm happy to just pull my old systems out of the drawer. I'm not about to buy a crappy game I never heard about just because there isn't anything else in the eShop.
#37mahgah91Posted 4/3/2013 2:10:51 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
mahgah91 posted...
adampeltz posted...
It's not just "uploading a rom". It's also about preparing marketing, legal fees, negotiating with and compensating those who developed the game for royalties, preparing a digital manual, having that digital manual copyrighted, etc.

It's a process to go from "rom" to "eShop Release." You can see how it snowballs.

Nope. Nintendo has the presence and resources to get the Oracle games on there whenever they want to. Nintendo's taking their time because they think it keeps the market value of these games high. Same reason why 3DS, Wii and Wii U don't share the same VC libraries, because Nintendo treats each generation of each console line as a new line of consumers, while Sony rewards consumer loyalty by letting many features crossover between PSP and Vita as well as PS3 and Vita. Same with Microsoft, I'm sure their next Xbox will allow for XBOX Live Arcade titles to be played.

Lol this kid.

Was there anything there that's untrue?
#38Bahamut_10thPosted 4/3/2013 2:18:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39vectorman5Posted 4/3/2013 2:23:49 PM
I wouldn't care if the originals weren't 50$ a piece on average in my area.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#40FredSavage27Posted 4/3/2013 2:24:44 PM
If they released hundreds of Game Boy games in one update, that's hundreds of titles that would slip under the radar, and nobody would buy them. Who would notice Mole Mania when all the eShop ads are focused on Mario and Pokémon? Even the Zelda Oracle games would suffer under this strategy.