Australians, how do you pay on the EU eShop?

#1TokyoEADPosted 4/2/2013 1:50:37 AM
Hey guys, as everyone knows the Australian eShop is complete rubbish and I'm sick of it. Many games just aren't released here at all because of the absurd classification fee and general ineptness of our government. I've given up waiting for Nano Assault EX.

Anyway, I've heard of a lot of Australians simply buying from the European eShop and I want to be part of it. Problem is, I have no idea how to pay? Does anywhere online sell UK eshop cards, and if I get a standard debit card, will that work?

Also, do you lose your existing credit on the Aus store or is that a myth?
#2Entei1300Posted 4/2/2013 2:45:15 AM
That stuff about losing your credit is just a myth. You can't access it while you're 'in' Europe, but it will come back when you change the region back to Australia. :)

But if you want to buy from the European eShop, all you have to do is set your region to somewhere in Europe (obviously >_<). From there, you have to either use a European eShop card [try eBay, maybe?] or a regular credit card to actually add funds. I normally go with the credit card route - if you don't have one, I guess you could try one of those prepaid ones at the supermarket? I haven't used them before, so I don't know if they work :( It should be fine as long as you have a security number and a card number...

I hope that helps :) Europe definitely has a few gems on the eShop that Australia doesn't have.
#3segadc2k5Posted 4/2/2013 3:44:45 AM
I'm in New Zealand and I use the EU eshop often...I got Nano Assault EX and Code Of Princess...COP...I saved myself 20 dollars buying it from the EU shop!!!

I also get charged an extra dollar or so for offshore fees but I still get a really good saving so its worth it!

As soon as I'm done buying the games from there, I change my settings back to N.Z

^_^
---
RIP Tiger 2004- March 1st 2007
#4lambchipsPosted 4/2/2013 3:48:44 AM
I use my debit card...
i tend to switch between AU and EU quite often... the balance wont transfer between stores but it will be saved when you switch out/in
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#5SoeroahPosted 4/2/2013 5:07:43 AM
Huh.

So, if you purchased a game on the EU eShop, then switched back to Australia, would it still be playable?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#6segadc2k5Posted 4/2/2013 2:05:47 PM
^ Yes ^

Because its still a PAL version so isn't locked specifically to Europe...it's just a digital file...a few of my demos and purchased games are from the EU store and I switched my region setting back to NZ and everything works fine...I even import EU retail games rather than buying them here because its cheaper too
---
RIP Tiger 2004- March 1st 2007