DarthFrozanous posted...
SefcaBlight posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaten

man that was hard

perfect that is what I needed, coudlnt find that page

Now I think you're just f****** around with us :/

No, No I'm being sincere

Ghetsis posted...
Shin Megami Tensei is the "main" series. The games in it are I, II, If...,III (Nocturne), Strange Journey, and IV.

Devil Summoner is a series that started out on Saturn. It's a spinoff of SMT, and the one for 3DS (Soul Hackers) is the second game in the series.

Persona is yet another spinoff series, it started on PS1. The first game has some connections to SMT If..., but for the most part, it's its own separate series.

awesome thanks, I've heard good things about the Persona series, are SMT and Devil Summoner pretty good? (yes I know this is a subjective question)

Does SMT or Devil Summoner play like Etrian Odyssey?
---
Intel i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz | GTX 550 Ti | OCZ Agility 256GB SSD / 12GB RAM | 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | 750GB Hitachi | Asus P8B75-V
GameFAQS all day everyday
#12tranceaddict19Posted 4/2/2013 11:01:44 AM
Hey hey I had the same questions and this all really helped.

I consider myself a pretty big gamer but had no clue about these games.
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#13DarthFrozanous(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:04:32 AM
tranceaddict19 posted...

yeah seriously, I'm still wondering tho if SMT and Devil Summoner pretty good? (yes I know this is a subjective question)

and if SMT or Devil Summoner play like Etrian Odyssey?
---
Intel i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz | GTX 550 Ti | OCZ Agility 256GB SSD / 12GB RAM | 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | 750GB Hitachi | Asus P8B75-V
#14MetalLokiPosted 4/2/2013 11:07:14 AM
DarthFrozanous posted...
tranceaddict19 posted...

yeah seriously, I'm still wondering tho if SMT and Devil Summoner pretty good? (yes I know this is a subjective question)

The 1st 2 Devil summoner games are 1st person, the next 2 are arpgs.

SMT 1,2,if..and SJ are all 1st person
SMTIII(nocturne) is are 3rd person
SMTIV is a mixed bag, it's 3rd person outside of battle and 1st person during the battles.

Devil Survivor is a SRPG with 1st person battles.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#15GhetsisPosted 4/2/2013 11:07:36 AM
DarthFrozanous posted...
awesome thanks, I've heard good things about the Persona series, are SMT and Devil Summoner pretty good? (yes I know this is a subjective question)

I've only played I, II, and Strange Journey, and yes, they're all amazing games. I don't even think I can pick a favorite. They're pretty difficult, though. Also, the three of them are first-person dungeon crawlers, that turns away some people.

Never played a single Devil Summoner. The only two games to have been localized before now are the third and fourth on PS2, and I think they're action RPGs, too. So they don't seem very similar, anyway.

Also, know that Persona 3 and 4 are very similar to each other, and very different from Persona 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are the ones that are usually acclaimed.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#16DarthFrozanous(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:19:18 AM
MetalLoki posted...
DarthFrozanous posted...
tranceaddict19 posted...

The 1st 2 Devil summoner games are 1st person, the next 2 are arpgs.

SMT 1,2,if..and SJ are all 1st person
SMTIII(nocturne) is are 3rd person
SMTIV is a mixed bag, it's 3rd person outside of battle and 1st person during the battles.

Devil Survivor is a SRPG with 1st person battles.

Great answer, thanks

Ghetsis posted...
DarthFrozanous posted...

I've only played I, II, and Strange Journey, and yes, they're all amazing games. I don't even think I can pick a favorite. They're pretty difficult, though. Also, the three of them are first-person dungeon crawlers, that turns away some people.

Never played a single Devil Summoner. The only two games to have been localized before now are the third and fourth on PS2, and I think they're action RPGs, too. So they don't seem very similar, anyway.

Also, know that Persona 3 and 4 are very similar to each other, and very different from Persona 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are the ones that are usually acclaimed.

Thanks very much appreciated info
---
#17MetalLokiPosted 4/2/2013 11:22:02 AM
Always happy to help with anything SMT related(to a point) . I also help with some other stuff but I don't think it's a good idea to post about that here >_>
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#18retrogamer28Posted 4/2/2013 12:16:17 PM
Shin Megami Tensei is the main part of the MegaTen series, of which Persona, Devil Survivor, and several others are technically spin offs.
#19DDDDrovaPosted 4/2/2013 12:51:52 PM
apparently its easy to get confused with this
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/65858385