Would anyone prefer SMTIV on Vita?

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 4/2/2013 11:23:12 AM
I'm not trying to troll anyone or anything. I still love it and I love my 3DS its a great system. I'm just here to share my opinion and see how people feel about SMTIV 3DS vs. Vita. (There is no Vita version I am merely saying pretend if there was)

If you don't agree with me and would prefer it on 3DS that's fine. I'm just here to discuss.

Graphics are not a focal point for me, but they could have been somewhat enhanced (although SMTIV already looks amazing and doesn't need a graphical upgrade)

Vita feels more comfortable IMO for games where you actively move around. Such as: KH, Persona, MGS, etc. It is shaped for your hands and isn't a big square.

Bottom screen of DS is usually only used for a map. Its nice but I don't mind pressing start or using a minimap. What will the bottom screen for SMTIV even do?

I prefer "finger" touch screen (forgot the proper word) rather than stylus screen. It's annoying to hold a pen while I use my hands on a handheld. Yes, I could holster it, but then I would have to whip it out quickly in order to use it. It's not really a problem just an annoyance.

I prefer the DS for games like 999, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, etc but for games like this I think the Vita is better hands down.

Of course this is just my opinion and nothing is really factual. I'll probably get flamed.

I'm still getting SMTIV. I still love my 3DS.

I wonder how the 3D will play out in this game? 3D makes games like KH DDD look amazing, but its a pain in the ass to hold it at just the right length (an uncomfortable length) in order to see the 3D effect, and not move at all or it will go away and you will have to re-sync it with your eyes.

Will this game use circle pad pro? Still have to wait for CPP XL to be released and I have to shell out $30 for it -_- or import for $50. Just for a right analogue stick.
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
The official Main Character of SMT
#2MetalLokiPosted 4/2/2013 11:26:20 AM
Why in the world will this use the CPP? like I need you to explain that to me step by step.

Also no to everything cause I'm would not buy a vita for 1 game >_>
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#3MelkacPosted 4/2/2013 11:27:46 AM

Uh, yeah, VITA users.
But that would only make Atlus lose more money. It would be ridiculous to do so.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#4AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:29:31 AM
Melkac posted...

Uh, yeah, VITA users.
But that would only make Atlus lose more money. It would be ridiculous to do so.

You seem to be missing the point.

Maybe people who own both systems are the only ones who will be able to respond rationally and not just

NO I DONT OWN THAT SYSTEM.

-_- I'll wait for the more fruitful responses.
---
#5AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:30:12 AM
MetalLoki posted...
Why in the world will this use the CPP? like I need you to explain that to me step by step.

Well, SMT doesn't seem to be very "move camera as you move" type of a game, but I was curious nonetheless.
---
#6MetalLokiPosted 4/2/2013 11:30:31 AM
AzurexNightmare posted...
MetalLoki posted...

Well, SMT doesn't seem to be very "move camera as you move" type of a game, but I was curious nonetheless.

The answer is no.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#7DDDDrovaPosted 4/2/2013 11:36:48 AM
this is a very rational topic azure however yes youll probably get flammed for it

for a lot of people is "this sucks" "that sucks" and your either on one side or the other not both (especally after sega and the fact that people know game companies can shut down)

as for me i can not answer you question in context because i dont own a vita and have no palns to buy

all i can say is find the 3ds very confertable (and i have a regular not the more rounded xl)
#8GhetsisPosted 4/2/2013 11:39:03 AM
I would.

Then again, I have a Vita.

SMT isn't a series that forces gimmicks, thankfully, so I can't really think of what advantages it would have on 3DS, aside from the obligatory map on the bottom screen.

But I would love it on Vita. Much bigger and clearer screen, with superior graphics.

I know it would be a bad business move, though. Vita is a Magikarp. Though an original SMT for Vita probably would be a huge system seller, and help the system.

Hm.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9Tempest717Posted 4/2/2013 11:39:13 AM
Nope.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#10somebody336Posted 4/2/2013 11:39:13 AM
I would like it on both :P
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/565290-barbarian-the-ultimate-warrior