Dragon Quest 6 the black sheep of the DS trilogy?

#21thebladeofwoePosted 4/3/2013 1:42:43 AM
Wasn't DQ8 on ps2? The trunks and vegeta look a likes lol?

Loved that game, best jrpg on ps2 bar non (IMO)

any new ones lined up for 3ds?

And could you recommend a few to me please? Been looking for a decent rpg on my ds since i got it (2 weeks ago.)
---
If the original KotOR and World of Warcraft had an abortion it would look something like this. mikejolik on SWTOR
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#22IAmCaptPlanetPosted 4/3/2013 5:39:35 AM
thebladeofwoe posted...

And could you recommend a few to me please? Been looking for a decent rpg on my ds since i got it (2 weeks ago.)

i like Magical Starsign, Sonic Chronicles the Dark Brotherhood, Rhapsody a Musical Adventure, Sands of Destruction, Nostalgia, Wizard of Oz Beyond the Yellow Brick Road, Glory of Heracles, and Final Fantasy the 4 Heroes of Light
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#23StealthOmegaPosted 4/3/2013 5:55:36 AM
6 is amazing
---
Twitter - @FlameDragon_
#24CojiroseanPosted 4/3/2013 6:20:46 AM
My favourite DQ game. I have a party, everyone has a role, that is never changed. Quick battles, atmospheric music and simple but effective graphics.
---
Not changing until DeSu: Overclocked gets to Australia. Started: 20/02/13
AND is actually playable. 01/04/13
#25thebladeofwoePosted 4/3/2013 8:14:13 AM
IAmCaptPlanet posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...

i like Magical Starsign, Sonic Chronicles the Dark Brotherhood, Rhapsody a Musical Adventure, Sands of Destruction, Nostalgia, Wizard of Oz Beyond the Yellow Brick Road, Glory of Heracles, and Final Fantasy the 4 Heroes of Light

I actually meant my 3ds not ds (but being as i am posting on a 3ds board i assume you know i got 3ds lol, stupid assumption i know aha)

i will look for some of those games actually thanks, i take it DQ6 is on dsi right? Any others for d/3ds that are DQ style or actual DQ games.
---
If the original KotOR and World of Warcraft had an abortion it would look something like this. mikejolik on SWTOR
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#26nonexistingheroPosted 4/3/2013 8:36:53 AM
Kamil posted...
Yeah, it's pretty good and the dialects aren't too terrible in the DS version. It's not my favorite one at all though I am making serious progress for the first time. I really like V a lot and well I'd be totally dating myself going back to like Dragon Warrior/Quest III but that one is great among IV and VII.

Your sig... Earnest Evans. I loved that game and hated it at the same time. Short game, but very hard. Never did beat it the legit way, but I did get to the final boss.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#27KamilPosted 4/3/2013 12:05:15 PM
nonexistinghero, thanks for referencing my sig. I only know of that game because of Retsupurae it's hilarious to watch and actually the rag doll physics are totally bad ass for a Sega CD game!

As for Dragon Quest as,mentioned DQVI had a bigger production run so that's why it is so cheap. Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2 was pretty good, but I dunno something about it kinda irked me too. The next DQ is supposed to be on the Wii U isn't it? Supposed to be a quasi MMO I guess. I dunno for sure.
---
slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!