What's with SMT-IV?

#1VannofThursdayPosted 4/2/2013 3:10:05 PM
My very first SMT game was persona 3...
I was excited with SMTIV coz I thought it was almost the same with the Persona Series until I researched about it and became disappointed.
The game fells like leaning toward the classic SMT players becoz
-battles are on 1st person view unlike the P3/P4 which is in 3rd person.
-the devils are in 2d Sprites,not on 3D.it will feel like im figthing paper dolls becoz they are not moving just pictures standing taking damage.
For old time SMT players can you explain why this is a must buy game?
Im not really into 1st person battle in RPG and 2d Sprites especially the handheld can produce decent 3D graphics.
#2GhetsisPosted 4/2/2013 3:12:53 PM(edited)
This game isn't for you. It's a Shin Megami Tensei game.

Persona 3 and 4 aren't Shin Megami Tensei games.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3MetalLokiPosted 4/2/2013 3:14:19 PM(edited)
Ghetsis posted...

QFT.

Thankfully you researched it cause a lot of stupid people don't and just buy the game thinking they're getting p4 all over again.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#4aak57Posted 4/2/2013 3:15:02 PM(edited)

Aren't they literally not SMT games in Japan? Something about Atlus only adding the title in the west due to it being better known.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#5MetalLokiPosted 4/2/2013 3:16:40 PM
aak57 posted...

Aren't they literally not SMT games in Japan? Something about Atlus only adding the title in the west due to it being better known.

Yes and as of the last 2 games they aren't even SMT games in the west.
---
#6kylemcauliffe15Posted 4/2/2013 3:17:22 PM
aak57 posted...

That's true. Atlus USA used SMT as a brand-thing, when in Japan it's just a "known" thing.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#7VannofThursday(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:17:35 PM
MetalLoki posted...
Ghetsis posted...

QFT.

Thankfully you researched it cause a lot of stupid people don't and just buy the game thinking they're getting p4 all over again.

i watch some gameplay on youtube,i was WTF! when they do the 1st person battle and damn the devils are in 2d sprites.I thought it will be like the p3 or p4 but not.
#8MetalLokiPosted 4/2/2013 3:19:06 PM(edited)
VannofThursday posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Ghetsis posted...

QFT.

i watch some gameplay on youtube,i was WTF! when they do the 1st person battle and damn the devils are in 2d sprites.I thought it will be like the p3 or p4 but not.

To be honest it's your fault for assuming that SMT games would play like something that isn't a SMT game.
---
#9VannofThursday(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:22:19 PM
MetalLoki posted...
VannofThursday posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Ghetsis posted...

QFT.

To be honest it's your fault for assuming that SMT games would play like something that isn't a SMT game.

sorry I thought SMT was also Persona my bad it was just the name i get it.So i wont buy this after all.More money to other games.
#10MetalLokiPosted 4/2/2013 3:25:12 PM
VannofThursday posted...
MetalLoki posted...
VannofThursday posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Ghetsis posted...

QFT.

sorry I thought SMT was also Persona my bad it was just the name i get it.So i wont buy this after all.More money to other games.

It's the other way around, persona is a spinoff of SMT.
---