advanced wars 3D

#1hydrocrushPosted 4/2/2013 4:12:20 PM
http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/developer-interview/

looks like at some point the greatest thing to ever play video games' successor the 3ds will get advanced wars hopefully soon

we need a E3 announcement or nintendo direct
---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836
#2GhetsisPosted 4/2/2013 4:16:48 PM
Fuuin no Tsurugi the 7th game? ...uh....so BS Fire Emblem is a numbered game?
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3esoteric42Posted 4/2/2013 4:38:32 PM
I thought the Advance Wars series was dead...
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
#4GhetsisPosted 4/2/2013 4:48:56 PM
esoteric42 posted...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. DoR wasn't even released in Japan!
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#5Cookie_AromaPosted 4/2/2013 4:55:18 PM
Days of Ruin didn't sell too bad in the West, I think. Maybe they'll make another one and not release it in Japan again (in which case, poor Japan).
#6hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 5:00:16 PM
esoteric42 posted...

maybe they just dident know where to go next

i mean they arent the types to keep putting out the same thing every year as shovelware like call of duty trash or madden
---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 4/2/2013 5:34:49 PM(edited)
Cookie_Aroma posted...
Days of Ruin didn't sell too bad in the West, I think. Maybe they'll make another one and not release it in Japan again (in which case, poor Japan).

Well, it's not surprising. AW sold quite solidly in the west, but never caught on in Japan. But that's Nintendo's fault, mostly. And September 11.

Nintendo managed to botch releasing 3/4 of the Advance Wars games in Japan, and 1/4 had a terrible marketing campaign that didn't work very well :P

I'm not holding my breath though, they've very much put the series on ice.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8GhetsisPosted 4/2/2013 5:36:39 PM(edited)
I think the most amusing part about the whole thing is that the series was Japan-only for the longest time...
---
#9KeleenRemPosted 4/2/2013 5:40:43 PM
It's because the solders weren't little girls in short miniskirts commanding tanks and grenade launchers. That's what's wrong with Japan. They've lost their love for war
#10Darkest_SoulsPosted 4/2/2013 5:42:54 PM
KeleenRem posted...
It's because the solders weren't little girls in short miniskirts commanding tanks and grenade launchers. That's what's wrong with Japan. They've lost their love for war

The real reason is because Advanced Wars requires almost perfect strategy with very little leeway. The beauty of Fire Emblem is that you can with either strategy with lower leveled units or you can have no strategy sometimes and just plow through with overleveled units if need be.
---
You said I am great. The feeling isn't mutual.