When's the next Nintendo Direct?

#11Fr33zPosted 4/2/2013 10:04:47 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Because the Wii U could use some first party releases between now and E3. I don't think they've released a single first party game in retail since launch.

3DS does have some good games coming though, but the North American release list is ridiculously small for a 2 year old console.

Again, E3 is a mere 2 months away. Nothing they announce now would come out before E3... It'd be weakening their E3 conference which with what Sony and Microsoft should be doing... it'd be a stupid move on Nintendo weaken themselves.

They dont need any huge reveals. The spring update is this month. There more than certain to have a Nintendo Direct to explain whats going on and what the update is bringing, They'll probably reannounce a few titles I.E Wii Fit U and Game & Wario, Wonderful 101 got a "Coming Soon" on the eShop as well so we might see that.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#12PuddingchanPosted 4/2/2013 10:12:23 PM
Simply put Miyamoto once said E3 isn't the best place to announce games with other platforms like Nintendo Direct. Also, at E3, the other competitors will be stealing away all the media attention.
#13SPDShadowRangerPosted 4/2/2013 10:15:04 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Janus151 posted...
For sure a Nintendo Direct this month.

Yeah, for all of you saying this, source? Oh right, there is none. Nintendo has not confirmed one.

They've had one every other months since the end of 2011. Unless they say they are ending them totally, there will be one.
#14nonexistingheroPosted 4/2/2013 10:42:46 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Because the Wii U could use some first party releases between now and E3. I don't think they've released a single first party game in retail since launch.

3DS does have some good games coming though, but the North American release list is ridiculously small for a 2 year old console.

Again, E3 is a mere 2 months away. Nothing they announce now would come out before E3... It'd be weakening their E3 conference which with what Sony and Microsoft should be doing... it'd be a stupid move on Nintendo weaken themselves.

E3 doesn't really matter anymore these days, that's why almost nothing new was revealed for E3 in the past few years. Also, I wasn't talking about new stuff. Nintendo has a few titles that we don't hear anything about anymore, but they were all slated for the launch window.

Staying dead silent about everything until E3 is the dumbest move Nintendo can make.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#15Janus151Posted 4/3/2013 5:11:24 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Janus151 posted...
For sure a Nintendo Direct this month.

Yeah, for all of you saying this, source? Oh right, there is none. Nintendo has not confirmed one. We are a mere 2 months away from E3. Why would they blow their load now and weaken their E3 presence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct
ok this isn't really source, but they have had Nintendo Directs every 2 months ever since October of 2011...
and if you look, they had a Nintendo Direct last year in April in japan. Also note, the TC didn't mention anything about region, and neither did I.
#16TheZuperHeroPosted 4/3/2013 6:02:54 AM

Summer is typically a dry time for games, but we have

SMTIV
SMT:Soul Hackers
Mario Golf World Tour
M&L: Dream Team
Animal Crossing
DKC:Returns 3D
Project X Zone

The list goes on for upcoming short term releases. Not really "ridiculously small" by any stretch of the imagination.
---
Currently Playing: Unchained Blades, Phoenix Wright 3, Denpa Men
3DS Info: Jake - 4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add me, message to be added back!)
#17nonexistingheroPosted 4/3/2013 8:32:44 AM
7 games over the course of 3 or so months is pathetic for a 2 year old console. That's really only acceptable for a console less than a year old. Not much shovelware either... I suppose most of thos devs have jumped to the iOS and Android markets.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18confettistormPosted 4/3/2013 8:37:18 AM
In the near, but recent future.