Smash Bros. 3DS should have characters and stages based more on DS/3DS games

#1PhaseBlackPosted 4/2/2013 8:31:10 PM
Like having Fawful part of the roster with a Mario and Luigi stage, and Dillion part of the roster as a rep for the eShop
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2GhetsisPosted 4/2/2013 8:32:04 PM
And Nikki. So we can all beat her up,
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3Wiiplayer111Posted 4/2/2013 8:33:19 PM
I wouldn't mind if both games had like the same 30 characters then like 10 exclusive to each game.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#4Wynters387Posted 4/2/2013 8:43:13 PM
I'm hoping for Dillon
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)
#5PeachxMarioPosted 4/2/2013 8:45:22 PM
yes I agree with the characters/stages be based on DS/3DS games.
I'm so excited to see who they're putting in to this installment!!
I'm hoping something from Girls Mode! :D
#6ZhacariasPosted 4/2/2013 8:53:21 PM
I think you guys are forgetting that it's a Nintendo game and they'll have to pay to have other kinds of references. It was pretty rare and amazing they managed Snake and Sonic.
#7Wiiplayer111Posted 4/2/2013 8:58:52 PM
Zhacarias posted...
I think you guys are forgetting that it's a Nintendo game and they'll have to pay to have other kinds of references. It was pretty rare and amazing they managed Snake and Sonic.

I don't know about Sonic but Kojima begged Sakurai to put Snake into Smash Bros, and since they are good friend Sakurai gave it the ok. He was actually supposed to be in Melee but Kojima asked too late into the development cycle.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#8gamester_12345Posted 4/2/2013 8:59:38 PM
I'd love it if both games could stand by their own merits, but i just get the feeling that chances are without some changes, chances are the 3DS version is going to be the less popular one.

I mean at least with the previous Smash Brothers games you could play with other people inside the house, but the large multiplayer aspect would be lost on the 3DS version; even just assuming just local multiplayer where anywhere outside of japan has less people carrying around 3DSes

Personally i'd love it if the games were the same...but different, maybe tell different stories or maybe have a different starting roster that would be the same as the WiiU's after unlocking everyone, like the 3DS one would have a slightly higher incorporation of eShop and newly reinvented characters (Pit, Dillon, maybe Tempo) whereas the WiiU version would introduce more existing console characters, characters introduced into an existing series, or even possibly the potential 3rd party characters, unlocking characters could probably be done naturally or by linking up to the 3DS or something.

The 3DS version must be more limited in trophies....assuming that they're using models and textures for all, then again they're making X/Y, and that game presumably has over 650 models and presumably including forme differences, Unown shapes and what not...

Guess they could cheat by making tiny trophy models and zooming in really close, or use stickers as the trophies in the 3DS version, which would unlock their equivalent in the WiiU version earlier?
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2356
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg