I feel like the only person that likes HarmoKnight.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I feel like the only person that likes HarmoKnight.
2 years ago#1
It's one of my favorite games that I've played in a while and I think that people are criticizing the game too heavily. The biggest complaint seems that it's $15 and only lasts about 3 hours. Yes, that's true. If you play each stage once, without perfecting it or losing the level, it would probably take about 3 hours. It took me 5 to beat it, mainly due to me trying to do as good as I can on as many of the levels as possible. If I went back and completely perfected each level, it would probably take another 5 or so.

The mechanics of the game work so well once you figure them out. A lot of people complain that "the game is impossible" or that "the hit detection on the cymbals are off". The first time I played the game I thought that the drums were basically impossible to hit. In about 20 minutes I got the hang of it and realized that I was just being stupid and that I wasn't going along with the rhythm.

The only complaint that I have is that the story is pretty weak. Although I wasn't expecting much out of a rhythm game in the first place. I didn't even expect the game to have any story. But the visuals and art direction are great, as well as the music, although a couple of the songs are pretty forgettable. I really think that people need to give this game a shot. Instead of going in thinking that it's going to bad and a waste of money. It really isn't.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3110-4342-8819
Currently playing: Super Mario 3D Land (Special Worlds), Resident Evil Revelations, Pokemon White 2, League of Legends
2 years ago#2
no i am with you i loved the demo and i will buy it sometimes but i dissagree about the hitboxes i played the demo for longer than an hour and i STILL don't get it.
---
Still waiting for fire emblem awakening in Europe.
2 years ago#3
I thought the game was easy. =/

I don't understand how people could find it impossible. Difficult I can understand, but it doesn't take that long to catch on.
As for time complains, I've done many hours on the game, as I perfect each level before proceeding.
Might just be me, but whats the point of rushing your first play through.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
2 years ago#4
PokeMaster posted...
I thought the game was easy. =/

I don't understand how people could find it impossible. Difficult I can understand, but it doesn't take that long to catch on.
As for time complains, I've done many hours on the game, as I perfect each level before proceeding.
Might just be me, but whats the point of rushing your first play through.

Yeah, I thought it was easy as well. I messed up a couple times in the last couple stages, but that's about it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3110-4342-8819
Currently playing: Super Mario 3D Land (Special Worlds), Resident Evil Revelations, Pokemon White 2, League of Legends
2 years ago#5
masa8mune posted...
no i am with you i loved the demo and i will buy it sometimes but i dissagree about the hitboxes i played the demo for longer than an hour and i STILL don't get it.

The hitboxes make no sense from a visible standpoint, but is clearly in synch with the rhythm of the music. So you might want to ignore what you see and focus on rhythmic button presses.
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I feel like the only person that likes HarmoKnight.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived