I feel like the only person that likes HarmoKnight.

#1pvtplatypusPosted 4/3/2013 2:35:30 AM
It's one of my favorite games that I've played in a while and I think that people are criticizing the game too heavily. The biggest complaint seems that it's $15 and only lasts about 3 hours. Yes, that's true. If you play each stage once, without perfecting it or losing the level, it would probably take about 3 hours. It took me 5 to beat it, mainly due to me trying to do as good as I can on as many of the levels as possible. If I went back and completely perfected each level, it would probably take another 5 or so.

The mechanics of the game work so well once you figure them out. A lot of people complain that "the game is impossible" or that "the hit detection on the cymbals are off". The first time I played the game I thought that the drums were basically impossible to hit. In about 20 minutes I got the hang of it and realized that I was just being stupid and that I wasn't going along with the rhythm.

The only complaint that I have is that the story is pretty weak. Although I wasn't expecting much out of a rhythm game in the first place. I didn't even expect the game to have any story. But the visuals and art direction are great, as well as the music, although a couple of the songs are pretty forgettable. I really think that people need to give this game a shot. Instead of going in thinking that it's going to bad and a waste of money. It really isn't.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3110-4342-8819
Currently playing: Super Mario 3D Land (Special Worlds), Resident Evil Revelations, Pokemon White 2, League of Legends
#2masa8munePosted 4/3/2013 3:25:57 AM
no i am with you i loved the demo and i will buy it sometimes but i dissagree about the hitboxes i played the demo for longer than an hour and i STILL don't get it.
---
Still waiting for fire emblem awakening in Europe.
#3PokeMasterPosted 4/3/2013 3:32:34 AM
I thought the game was easy. =/

I don't understand how people could find it impossible. Difficult I can understand, but it doesn't take that long to catch on.
As for time complains, I've done many hours on the game, as I perfect each level before proceeding.
Might just be me, but whats the point of rushing your first play through.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#4pvtplatypus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 3:42:17 AM
PokeMaster posted...
I thought the game was easy. =/

I don't understand how people could find it impossible. Difficult I can understand, but it doesn't take that long to catch on.
As for time complains, I've done many hours on the game, as I perfect each level before proceeding.
Might just be me, but whats the point of rushing your first play through.

Yeah, I thought it was easy as well. I messed up a couple times in the last couple stages, but that's about it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3110-4342-8819
Currently playing: Super Mario 3D Land (Special Worlds), Resident Evil Revelations, Pokemon White 2, League of Legends
#5Kaze_MemaryuPosted 4/3/2013 5:49:26 AM
masa8mune posted...
no i am with you i loved the demo and i will buy it sometimes but i dissagree about the hitboxes i played the demo for longer than an hour and i STILL don't get it.

The hitboxes make no sense from a visible standpoint, but is clearly in synch with the rhythm of the music. So you might want to ignore what you see and focus on rhythmic button presses.
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766