Largest SD card a 3DS will read?

#1KaspaUFgatorPosted 4/3/2013 8:19:53 AM
I have the one that came with the system but I want to go bigger, what is the highest in terms of GB it will read? Thanks in advance!
---
Gators, Yankees, Jets, and Knicks!!
#2DarthFloatyPosted 4/3/2013 8:26:16 AM
I don't know the biggest, but I've heard it can handle 32GB.
#3Blackfire210Posted 4/3/2013 8:29:05 AM
I have 64, I've seen people here with 128. So whatever size you find will work.
---
Number of people with stupid counter sigs I have encountered: 4
#4RyuVegasPosted 4/3/2013 8:36:36 AM
I've been wondering this as well. but 128!? Doesn't that require SDXC support which the 3DS doesn't utilize? Or am I mistaken and if you just find any card it will work?
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: FE:Awakening, C:LoS:MirrorOfFate
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#5alphame4Posted 4/3/2013 8:44:35 AM
64-128 Gb you have to format to FAT32 to work.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus
#6PuddingchanPosted 4/3/2013 8:49:31 AM
I suggest getting a 32GB microSD card and it usually comes with an adapter. Reason because if one day you don't need to use the 3DS anymore, you can still use the card for most mobile phones.
#7KaspaUFgator(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 8:51:20 AM
Puddingchan posted...
I suggest getting a 32GB microSD card and it usually comes with an adapter. Reason because if one day you don't need to use the 3DS anymore, you can still use the card for most mobile phones.

Will those read in the 3DS? I thought that would be the best way to go too bust just want to make sure.... Also, do you suggest getting one from New Egg?
---
#8BigReedPosted 4/3/2013 8:52:18 AM
KaspaUFgator posted...
Puddingchan posted...

Will those read in the 3DS? I thought that would be the best way to go too bust just want to make sure.... Also, do you suggest getting one from New Egg?

Newegg is pretty good, but look around first. Best Buy has class 10 cards (4-32gb) that go on sale constantly.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#9PuddingchanPosted 4/3/2013 8:53:35 AM
KaspaUFgator posted...
Puddingchan posted...

I don't know since I never ordered stuff from New Egg.

I'm personally using a Kingston microSD 32GB card without any problems at all. I bought it with the intention that if I ever don't need it for 3DS anymore, I can still reuse it for a new mobile phone. Just to note that most mobile phones nowadays only support up to 32GB microSD. 64 and more are useless in this sense.
#10KaspaUFgator(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 8:57:48 AM
Puddingchan posted...
KaspaUFgator posted...
Puddingchan posted...

I don't know since I never ordered stuff from New Egg.

I'm personally using a Kingston microSD 32GB card without any problems at all. I bought it with the intention that if I ever don't need it for 3DS anymore, I can still reuse it for a new mobile phone. Just to note that most mobile phones nowadays only support up to 32GB microSD. 64 and more are useless in this sense.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get your Kingston microSD at?

Also, Big Reed.... are the ones that go on sale constantly at BB ( usually deals of the day) are they the ones with an adapter?
---