I'm going to buy a 3DS soon and I just have 1 question

#1Saiyan_EmperorPosted 4/3/2013 10:28:44 PM
Is there that big of a benefit of buying the XL instead of the regular 3DS? Is it that big of a deal?
---
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/22/ape-escape-hd-collection/
^Please vote
#2jedinatPosted 4/3/2013 10:36:20 PM
You and a few hundred thousand other people... just get the XL. Don't think, don't reason, don't breathe. Just buy and play.
#3DarthFloatyPosted 4/3/2013 10:36:22 PM
I really enjoy the larger screen. It's also got a bit better battery life, which I do notice when traveling. Lastly, it comes with a larger memory card, if you don't want to provide your own.
#4CW Boi 209Posted 4/3/2013 10:43:52 PM
Yes, it actually is. Considering XL is only $30 more, you may as well shoot for that one over the regular one just for the better battery life if not for the bigger screens.

Despite how the XL looks in size, it actually fits pretty nicely in your pocket. It also improves on a lot of things that were wrong with the regular 3DS, except the speakers have been downgraded for technical reasons (Though you really should use headphones anyway).

A list of flaws present in the original that I've noticed were improved on the XL are:

- Wider 3D sweet spot (Not exactly sure about this one, but I did notice a difference with OoT 3D)
- Bigger Screens obviously
- Better battery life
- Standby mode drains a lot less battery life than the original 3DS
- Self screen scratch is very rare (if at all present. Never heard anyone report theirs doing this)

There might be a few other things as well, but these are just the ones from off the top of my head.
---
Visual Novel Project - When The Owls Sing
Engine - Ren'Py
#5soupbandit1Posted 4/3/2013 10:46:26 PM
The regular one is better imo. The games on xl look a bit weird because of the resolution. It's also pretty bulky
#6HalecticPosted 4/3/2013 11:02:09 PM
If you want a Circle Pad Pro for the XL you need to import one from Japan

If you want a Circle Pad Pro for the normal 3DS you can get one at Gamestop
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#7PokeMasterPosted 4/3/2013 11:04:13 PM
CW Boi 209 posted...

- Wider 3D sweet spot (Not exactly sure about this one, but I did notice a difference with OoT 3D)
- Bigger Screens obviously
- Better battery life
- Standby mode drains a lot less battery life than the original 3DS
- Self screen scratch is very rare (if at all present. Never heard anyone report theirs doing this)

-Never had an issue with the 'sweetspot' on the OG. It's quite large for me personally, but TC try them both out and see which you prefer.
- Agreed
-Agree. Adds about 30-60mins on average depending on settings
-The OG lasts up to 3 days in sleep mode, not sure how long the XL does.
-Never had any issues (Feb 2011 3DS)

Given the above though, I would still choose the original over the XL. The extra screens add nothing for me, and the bigger battery can easily be offset by a cheaper, portable charger which I have that gives me 2 full charges.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#8OoSubaruoOPosted 4/3/2013 11:06:25 PM
It depends, do you have big man hands or small ones? The edges on the original dig into your palms if your hands are big, making it feel uncomfortable.
#9jedinatPosted 4/3/2013 11:13:25 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
It depends, do you have big man hands or small ones? The edges on the original dig into your palms if your hands are big, making it feel uncomfortable.

I think it has to do with the weight and button/circle pad placement... the DSi was much more comfortable to hold.
#10Excess-FatPosted 4/3/2013 11:19:57 PM
Saiyan_Emperor posted...
Is there that big of a benefit of buying the XL instead of the regular 3DS? Is it that big of a deal?

Learn 2 use the search function, it is there for a reason.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.