Best way to clean your 3DS game cartridges?

#190sRetroGamingPosted 4/3/2013 11:21:50 PM
What is the best way to clean those awful black smudges/markings that are left on the bottom front of your game cards thanks to DS cartridges in the 3DS's slot?.

Q-tips lightly soaked in warm water?.. eye glass cleaning wipes?.. alcohol swabs?.. what?. i just want the few that have these to look brand new again >_<

Anything safe method that doesn't involve the data area on the back getting touched whatsosver works for me. any ideas?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2mjc0961Posted 4/4/2013 1:00:26 AM
If your dishwasher has one of those silverware holders that you can close to make a little cage, toss them in there. If not, use the washing machine. The toilet may also be a good idea if you put a strainer or something over the hole to stop the games from being flushed away. And if none of those work, just throw the games out and buy new ones which are sure to be clean.

(I'm giving you blatantly dumb answers because you already posted 3 completely reasonable cleaning methods, making asking the question completely pointless.)
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#3SquirrelettePosted 4/4/2013 4:03:14 AM
The best way is to ***not buy used carts at Gamestop to begin with***. Stickers on the back? Really? No stickers= no black smudges.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#490sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:19:58 AM
Squirrelette posted...
The best way is to ***not buy used carts at Gamestop to begin with***. Stickers on the back? Really? No stickers= no black smudges.

My DS games are a mix of both new and used. none of my used ones ever had those awful Gamestop stickers though since i always buy my games complete in box, lol.
---
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 4/4/2013 4:22:43 AM
Squirrelette posted...

What? Gamestops here barely sell used games without a box anymore.
#690sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:41:41 AM
@ mjc0961

Don't even bother posting in my thread or any others in the future with an attitude like that. seriously, get lost.
---
#790sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:47:36 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Squirrelette posted...

My Gamestop's do this for alot of DS and 3DS games that are held inside the glass cases. personally i've never ran into this problem for the used ones i've bought thankfully.

The game boxes for the used games i have bought from them always do have two of those price stickers on the front and back though, lol. fortunatly they usualy come off with ease, no problem :).
---
#8SquirrelettePosted 4/4/2013 4:50:10 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Squirrelette posted...

Really? That's weird. Ours are all going to the "toss the box, slap on a sticker and shove it in the locked case" method. They started doing that within the past year or so. The shelf display for DS/3DS is almost nonexistent here. In fact, I don't think the one location has ANY used DS/3DS games in cases any more.
---
#9SquirrelettePosted 4/4/2013 4:53:06 AM
TC, try a pencil eraser, preferably the plastic kind. They remove lots of nasty stuff and the plastic ones won't damage the cart plastic. Just don't get any in the contact slots.
---
#1090sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:54:46 AM
Squirrelette posted...
TC, try a pencil eraser, preferably the plastic kind. They remove lots of nasty stuff and the plastic ones won't damage the cart plastic. Just don't get any in the contact slots.

I'll give that a try. thanks! :).
---