Name a 3DS game that surprised you and a 3DS game that disappointed you.

#61DaimaoTakahashiPosted 4/4/2013 7:28:18 PM
Surprised:
Fire Emblem Awakening
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Kid Icarus Uprising
Cooking Mama 4
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Disappointed:
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (only slightly though)
Mario Kart 7
---
The Official Koga Saburo of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#62NejiHyuga900Posted 4/4/2013 7:30:53 PM
Pleasantly Surprised: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda title (along with Skyward Sword) and I was happy to see a 3DS remake and even though I had this game 3 times (I had the Gold N64 Cartridge of OoT but I never played it since I never had an N64, I use to own the GameCube port with Master Quest but it got lost, and I own the Collector's Edition which included OoT but now, my GameCube is lost [or sold]).

Surprised: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D - It wasn't that good as the other RCT games (my 3DS froze a few times while playing this which explains why there is a park limit) but I was "surprised" to see another RCT title and one that isn't on PC (well, RCT1 was ported to Xbox and it may be ported to iPhone too unless if there is a new RCT game coming for iPhone). My favorite RCT game of all time is RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum!

Disappointed: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - This was the first 3DS game me and my cousin got (well, he got it... and he got it without looking at reviews for the game or to see what type of genre this was). My cousin thought that this was a first person shooter game and he (and I) were disappointed that is was a Turned-Base Strategy game (and I had no idea what to do). Well, we returned this game later on.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#63lt519Posted 4/4/2013 7:33:56 PM
Surprised: Gunman Clive
Disappointed: Paper Mario Sticker Star
#64LyonDRCPosted 4/4/2013 7:37:18 PM
Surprised: Fire Emblem Awakening, I knew the game was going to be great since I've played the series since the GBA, but I never thought it was going to be THAT awesome.

Dissapointed: Kid Icarus Uprising, the game was... meh, the gameplay saved it but if I had played it beforehand I wouldn't have get it.
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#65ryudin89Posted 4/4/2013 7:38:56 PM
Surprised: EO4. I never really liked the past games but this one just blew me away.

Disappointed: Sticker Star for sure. So much wasted potential.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#66PentiumMMXPosted 4/4/2013 7:50:23 PM
Surprised me: Kid Icarus: Uprising
Although the controls were a little uncomfortable for playing longer than a single level at a time, I found myself enjoying it regardless

Disappointed: Paper Mario Sticker Star
After loving the first 2 Paper Mario games, as well as Super Mario RPG, I was looking forward to this. While I will admit the idea of stickers for your attacks and such is neat, it honestly failed to grab my interest like past Mario RPGs.
---
When I see dandelions, I think to myself...that stuff would itch if it got in your nose
-Gardenia (.hack//Infection)
#67TehTrumpCardPosted 4/4/2013 8:01:56 PM
Surprised:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super Mario 3D Land

Disappointed:
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Code of Princess
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Resident Evil: Revelations
Mario Kart 7 (because of the maps)
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#68SS4RickyPosted 4/4/2013 8:08:11 PM
Suprised - Super Mario 3D Land, had no idea it was made from the guys who did galaxy. What a treat.

Disappointed - Super Street Fighter 4 3D. Yeah it's pretty much what I expected, it was $10 on sale, but I literally popped it in, played a match against an auto blocking scrub, lost, put it back in the case, and never touched it again.
---
i5-2500k@4.3 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black
#69FullmetalChildPosted 4/4/2013 8:09:55 PM
Pleasantly surprised: Kid Icarus Uprising.

Disappointed: Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Now it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as other PM games.
---
Never pet a Castform on a summer day.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Final Fantasy III
#70neonickPosted 4/4/2013 8:21:21 PM
Surprised: Fire Emblem. Never played a FE game before & I was surprised how easy it was to get into, and I cannot say enough good things about the game.

Disappointed: Paper Mario. Played it once, can't see myself playing it again.
---
OWS: "a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves." Frank Miller