Name a 3DS game that surprised you and a 3DS game that disappointed you.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Name a 3DS game that surprised you and a 3DS game that disappointed you.

User Info: elconoM

elconoM
3 years ago#71
Surprise @ Skylanders Spyro Adventure
Disappoint @ Zelda Ocarina thingy
Casual gamer for 25 of my 28 years. mainly Pokemon, Fables, the Borderlands, GTA's, and some Minecraft these days. Currently with XBL, DS, 3DS. Yes. CASUAL.

User Info: jjacobsnd5

jjacobsnd5
3 years ago#72
Surprised: Super Mario 3D Land, was very wary of the new perspective.

Disappointed: New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart 7
---
Black 2 FC: Jamie 2409 4238 1529

User Info: Mandrew257

Mandrew257
3 years ago#73
LoZ OOT,Devil Survivor Overlocked,Fire Emblem,Theatrhythym, and Kid Icarus surpised me.

Paper Mario disappointed me. The soundtrack was great, but I hate that you used stickers and cant level up :/

User Info: KarilleEC

KarilleEC
3 years ago#74
Surprised: Theatrhythm. Srsly. And also, Resident Evil. After their recent console releases, who could've expected that?

Disappointed: FE:A. It was fun at first, but then... it became way too easy to exploit.

Very Disappointed: OoT... yeah. Could not get into it, at all.

User Info: RealTides

RealTides
3 years ago#75
surprised - the new pokemon mystery dungeon
went in expecting a kiddie plot, but man, its a solid plot

disappointed - kid icarus
controls bonked it so bad but i still want to play..but THE CONTROLS..THE CONTROLS...ARE SO BAD...

User Info: MATADOR480

MATADOR480
3 years ago#76
Surprised: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Such an excellent game.

Disappoint: Kid Icarus. Those awfully, terribly, awful and terrible controls.
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)

User Info: marioa64

marioa64
3 years ago#77
Surprised
Fire Emblem: Never played a Fire Emblem game, tried the demo, ended up likeing it. and buying the full game
Kid Icarus: Uprising: Got it a a birthday gift, ended up loving it.(Although, the controls could have been better)

Disappointed
Paper Mario: Sticker Star: While it's not as bad as everyone says it is, I still didn't enjoy as much as the other Paper Mario games.
DIE DAISY DIE!!! muahahahehehaha.-soulpoet
Yup. Typing words and and evil laugh sure is going to make a fictitious character die. You showed Daisy.-Daisyfanboy

User Info: TalesOfGod

TalesOfGod
3 years ago#78
I only buy games that I know are going to be good so this is tough.
Hmmmm.

Surpised:
OOT 3d (I never expected them to create the visuals, 3d effect, gyro sensing and controls so perfectly! I knew it was going to be good but not that good)
Fire Emblem Awakening (Never knew it was going to be THAT good...until I tried the demo)
Phantom Thief (I actually thought this was going to be average but best rythm game I've ever played!)

Disappointed:

Mario Kart 7 (the only problem I have with it is the problem of unlocking new stuff, it takes FOREVER!)

User Info: Dartpaw86

Dartpaw86
3 years ago#79
Surprised: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.
After the awesomeness that was Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Last Specter was very underwhelming in comparison so I with a meh picked up the next game Miracle Mask, and I was pretty drawn in. The controls overhaul took getting used to but I am very intrigued by the plot.

Disappointed: Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D. I was expecting more from this. The fact you only play as 8 characters and is basically just brutal time trials "WITH NO ZOMBIES" (the whole reason for the franchise) Instead I get the brainwashed villagers from 4 and 5. And Capcom didn't include an option to erase save files so EB Games won't take it.

Also
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: Before I say anything "I LOVE this game" I beat it so many times on the N64. Except that was the problem. I thought having a portable version would be beyond awesome, especially with the Master Quest. Except I played it so much before that it's boring now... I can't play it anymore. :'(

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
3 years ago#80
Surprise: Fire Emblem

Disappointment: Mario Kart 7
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Name a 3DS game that surprised you and a 3DS game that disappointed you.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived