Name a 3DS game that surprised you and a 3DS game that disappointed you.

#71elconoMPosted 4/4/2013 7:26:20 PM
Surprise @ Skylanders Spyro Adventure
Disappoint @ Zelda Ocarina thingy
---
Casual gamer for 25 of my 28 years. mainly Pokemon, Fables, the Borderlands, GTA's, and some Minecraft these days. Currently with XBL, DS, 3DS. Yes. CASUAL.
#72jjacobsnd5Posted 4/4/2013 7:33:55 PM
Surprised: Super Mario 3D Land, was very wary of the new perspective.

Disappointed: New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart 7
---
---
Black 2 FC: Jamie 2409 4238 1529
#73Mandrew257Posted 4/4/2013 7:41:43 PM
LoZ OOT,Devil Survivor Overlocked,Fire Emblem,Theatrhythym, and Kid Icarus surpised me.

Paper Mario disappointed me. The soundtrack was great, but I hate that you used stickers and cant level up :/
#74KarilleECPosted 4/4/2013 7:52:41 PM
Surprised: Theatrhythm. Srsly. And also, Resident Evil. After their recent console releases, who could've expected that?

Disappointed: FE:A. It was fun at first, but then... it became way too easy to exploit.

Very Disappointed: OoT... yeah. Could not get into it, at all.
#75RealTidesPosted 4/4/2013 7:59:44 PM
surprised - the new pokemon mystery dungeon
went in expecting a kiddie plot, but man, its a solid plot

disappointed - kid icarus
controls bonked it so bad but i still want to play..but THE CONTROLS..THE CONTROLS...ARE SO BAD...
#76MATADOR480Posted 4/4/2013 8:05:51 PM
Surprised: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. Such an excellent game.

Disappoint: Kid Icarus. Those awfully, terribly, awful and terrible controls.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#77marioa64Posted 4/4/2013 8:10:42 PM
Surprised
Fire Emblem: Never played a Fire Emblem game, tried the demo, ended up likeing it. and buying the full game
Kid Icarus: Uprising: Got it a a birthday gift, ended up loving it.(Although, the controls could have been better)

Disappointed
Paper Mario: Sticker Star: While it's not as bad as everyone says it is, I still didn't enjoy as much as the other Paper Mario games.
---
DIE DAISY DIE!!! muahahahehehaha.-soulpoet
Yup. Typing words and and evil laugh sure is going to make a fictitious character die. You showed Daisy.-Daisyfanboy
#78TalesOfGodPosted 4/4/2013 8:20:13 PM
I only buy games that I know are going to be good so this is tough.
Hmmmm.

Surpised:
OOT 3d (I never expected them to create the visuals, 3d effect, gyro sensing and controls so perfectly! I knew it was going to be good but not that good)
Fire Emblem Awakening (Never knew it was going to be THAT good...until I tried the demo)
Phantom Thief (I actually thought this was going to be average but best rythm game I've ever played!)

Disappointed:

Mario Kart 7 (the only problem I have with it is the problem of unlocking new stuff, it takes FOREVER!)
#79Dartpaw86Posted 4/4/2013 8:23:11 PM(edited)
Surprised: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.
After the awesomeness that was Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Last Specter was very underwhelming in comparison so I with a meh picked up the next game Miracle Mask, and I was pretty drawn in. The controls overhaul took getting used to but I am very intrigued by the plot.

Disappointed: Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D. I was expecting more from this. The fact you only play as 8 characters and is basically just brutal time trials "WITH NO ZOMBIES" (the whole reason for the franchise) Instead I get the brainwashed villagers from 4 and 5. And Capcom didn't include an option to erase save files so EB Games won't take it.

Also
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: Before I say anything "I LOVE this game" I beat it so many times on the N64. Except that was the problem. I thought having a portable version would be beyond awesome, especially with the Master Quest. Except I played it so much before that it's boring now... I can't play it anymore. :'(
#80slyman19Posted 4/4/2013 8:24:39 PM
Surprise: Fire Emblem

Disappointment: Mario Kart 7