I have 75 dollars to Amazon, a Vita, and a 3DS

#11NettoSaitoPosted 4/4/2013 2:48:39 PM
If you haven't played them yet, and you like games with great stories, check out the Zero Escape series. 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors on the DS, and Virtue's Last Reward on the Vita.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#12EM_MegaPosted 4/4/2013 3:12:49 PM
Excess-Fat posted...
KefkaPalazzo posted...
I say games for several reasons

1. This is a gaming board, so I assumed that would be the recs I'd get anyway
2. There really isn't anything concrete I NEED, so I'm going for something I WANT, which are books and games.
3. Video games are how I deal with stress and anxiety, which, as a teacher and grad student, I have a lot of.

However, if you have non-gaming recs, I'd be happy to hear them.

Well I like to exercise, go for long walks, and dust-up on various topics at the library just to name a few. But seriously as a teacher you should be able to find more useful things to spend your money on other than playing video games all day. You know, priorities and stuff. Just a thought.

And going by your logic, we should be spending all of our money on mututal trust funds and extra supplies in case of disasters, as well as tree insurance in case that one oak tree finally decides to give, amirite?
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#13Excess-FatPosted 4/4/2013 3:18:09 PM
EM_Mega posted...
And going by your logic, we should be spending all of our money on mututal trust funds and extra supplies in case of disasters, as well as tree insurance in case that one oak tree finally decides to give, amirite?

Exactly! seems somebody gets it : ). but a video-game every once in a while doesn't hurt (this is a video game board after-all). I just think 75 bucks is a bit exuberant to spend on games. IMO.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#14KurizakaPosted 4/4/2013 3:21:51 PM
Excess-Fat posted...
EM_Mega posted...

Exactly! seems somebody gets it : ). but a video-game every once in a while doesn't hurt (this is a video game board after-all). I just think 75 bucks is a bit exuberant to spend on games. IMO.

To me, $75 isn't so bad to spend on games. I've spent much more than that in one sitting.
But, I can see where you're coming from.
#15KefkaPalazzo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:33:11 PM
That was the intent, Excess. These gift cards are going to tide me over for a good long time. I'm certainly not sitting on my backside neglecting what needs to be done (job hunting, graduate work, PAYING for said graduate work, etc.) This REALLY is just a hobby that I sink my spare cash into when I get some left over, like anyone else's hobby. That's why I'm asking more for pre-orders that'll come in once all my work is done.
---
"Curved surfaces means less head trauma! Neato!" --Fighter, 8-bit Theater
SS FC: 2752-2111-3483
#16IamPeanutButterPosted 4/4/2013 3:57:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17naruto9foxPosted 4/4/2013 4:03:14 PM
75 dollars really isn't that much at all to spend on video games if you think about it. Barely covers a newer console release, and could only cover two cheaper 3ds games. In retrospect, games are just an expensive hobby to have.
---
If anyone wants to buy me games, steam name is trevman727
#18pikachupwnagePosted 4/4/2013 4:09:14 PM(edited)
Excess-Fat posted...
KefkaPalazzo posted...
I say games for several reasons

1. This is a gaming board, so I assumed that would be the recs I'd get anyway
2. There really isn't anything concrete I NEED, so I'm going for something I WANT, which are books and games.
3. Video games are how I deal with stress and anxiety, which, as a teacher and grad student, I have a lot of.

However, if you have non-gaming recs, I'd be happy to hear them.

Well I like to exercise, go for long walks, and dust-up on various topics at the library just to name a few. But seriously as a teacher you should be able to find more useful things to spend your money on other than playing video games all day. You know, priorities and stuff. Just a thought.

Seriously why are you being so high and mighty? People are allowed to have hobbies and he mentions he reads as well. You act like he spends every waking moment playing games.

Pathetic.
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board!
#19Jack_the_monke7Posted 4/4/2013 4:11:44 PM
Wekos1187 posted...
Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion

---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support