I swear to God if they don't release a 2D Metroid for 3DS.

#121terrancejonesPosted 4/20/2013 1:01:52 PM
RedHairVegeta posted...
LeviathDragon posted...
That they were FPS game. I hate FPS games and find them boring especially on consoles. I prefer side scrollers and third person games.

I don't really understand your hatred, but alright.

sometimes theyr'e boring! hahaha, that's what some people prefer in games... XD Well, my exception, by speaking against FPS' is of course TF2... But still beside the point.

We haven't had a side-scrolling metroid game since Fusion! We still get an overhead zelda here and there, and a mario platformer, surprisingly in 3d sometimes, but Metroid is usually less done in the classic style! It's becoming time for a new one to be made!
---
For those buying EarthBound: Take the survey, and mention that you want EarthBound 0 and Mother 3 in your country! (This also applies to Majora's Mask.)
#122ecco6t9Posted 4/20/2013 1:10:53 PM
The game has to be sprite based.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#123RedHairVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 1:20:36 PM(edited)
terrancejones posted...
sometimes theyr'e boring! hahaha, that's what some people prefer in games... XD Well, my exception, by speaking against FPS' is of course TF2... But still beside the point.

We haven't had a side-scrolling metroid game since Fusion! We still get an overhead zelda here and there, and a mario platformer, surprisingly in 3d sometimes, but Metroid is usually less done in the classic style! It's becoming time for a new one to be made!

I obviously would rather have 2D for Metroid, but I don't understand how someone could find FPSs to be bad, in general. There are certain FPSs that are bad, but disliking the entire genre makes no sense to me. There are certain genres that can be easily disliked, such as visual novels or point-and-click games, but what is to dislike about the entire FPS genre?
---
Excuse me, more spaghetti please.
And bring some more egg rolls while you're at it.
#124terrancejonesPosted 4/20/2013 1:32:12 PM
RedHairVegeta posted...
terrancejones posted...

I obviously would rather have 2D for Metroid, but I don't understand how someone could find FPSs to be bad, in general. There are certain FPSs that are bad, but disliking the entire genre makes no sense to me. There are certain genres that can be easily disliked, such as visual novels or point-and-click games, but what is to dislike about the entire FPS genre?

Bad =/= Boring. Speaking against, there's not always a game with a plot that gets you hooked into it, and it's not very intellectually stimulating as a result. Speaking for, it's so much fun to build those turrets that blow up your friends in a fun bloodbath.. Yeppp.

Some players just don't find some games to be engrossing.
---
For those buying EarthBound: Take the survey, and mention that you want EarthBound 0 and Mother 3 in your country! (This also applies to Majora's Mask.)
#125RedHairVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:18:19 PM
Bad =/= Boring. Speaking against, there's not always a game with a plot that gets you hooked into it, and it's not very intellectually stimulating as a result. Speaking for, it's so much fun to build those turrets that blow up your friends in a fun bloodbath.. Yeppp.

Some players just don't find some games to be engrossing.

I can certainly understand that. I've enjoyed several FPSs and none of which involve building "those turrets that blow up your friends in a fun bloodbath."
---
#126MetalKirbyPlushPosted 4/20/2013 2:27:34 PM
I'm not a fan of most FPS's, but I feel like the Prime Trilogy kind of defies a lot of the standards of the genre which is due in part to how incredibly well they handled Metroid elements in it. Well except for Corruption which was a lot more linear and had a ton more annoying shooter elements in it.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#127RedHairVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:37:33 PM
I'm not a fan of most FPS's, but I feel like the Prime Trilogy kind of defies a lot of the standards of the genre which is due in part to how incredibly well they handled Metroid elements in it. Well except for Corruption which was a lot more linear and had a ton more annoying shooter elements in it.

I'm much the same way.
---
#128RedHairVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 9:31:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#129RedHairVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:34:24 PM
^
---
#130RedHairVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 6:58:23 PM
k
---