Black Line on my NEW Pikachu 3DS XL :( UPDATE!

#21Excess-FatPosted 4/4/2013 8:45:27 PM
Dalkin posted...
Hello, TC. I remember your original post. I'm happy to see the follow up and that you had it sorted out kind of. :)

Excess-Fat posted...
What I don't understand is why people feel the need to be compensated for every little thing, when you spend money on a product it's not always going to be "like new", after a while the products bound to suffer from a little natural ware n' tare.

You should take a look at the picture bro. Its not acceptable to unbox a new system in that condition.

Well he didn't unbox the unit in that condition. He claims that the black line magically appeared within "10 hours" of owning the product. That statement is a bit fishy in and of itself but I won't get into that.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#22DalkinPosted 4/4/2013 9:00:10 PM
Excess-Fat posted...
Dalkin posted...
Hello, TC. I remember your original post. I'm happy to see the follow up and that you had it sorted out kind of. :)

Excess-Fat posted...
What I don't understand is why people feel the need to be compensated for every little thing, when you spend money on a product it's not always going to be "like new", after a while the products bound to suffer from a little natural ware n' tare.

You should take a look at the picture bro. Its not acceptable to unbox a new system in that condition.

Well he didn't unbox the unit in that condition. He claims that the black line magically appeared within "10 hours" of owning the product. That statement is a bit fishy in and of itself but I won't get into that.

I'm not going to argue with you.

Your not going to be able to change my mind.

I think your being really dumb too.

STALEMATE DETECTED.
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#23PeteZaHutxPosted 4/4/2013 9:03:42 PM
Excess-Fat posted...
Dalkin posted...

Excess-Fat posted...

Seems reasonable , its not like he had the 3DS for days
#24SoulAssassin226Posted 4/4/2013 9:29:31 PM(edited)
Dalkin posted...

Excess-Fat posted...

People didn't usually get the RROD the FIRST time they turned on their 360s yet Microsoft offered a free 3 year warranty on red rings. Most PS2s didn't get a DRE out of the box yet Sony was forced to fix all DRE PS2s. Sometimes it IS the manufacturer's fault that a product is faulty whether it happens as soon as you turn it on for the first time or "10 hours later." You are pretty stupid if you can't see that.

when you spend money on a product it's not always going to be "like new"

One of the dumbest things I've read in a while. When I spend money on a new product, I expect it to be NEW.
#25FinalFantasyForever(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:06:50 PM
Do I honestly have to print screen the delivery confirmation status of the package being delivered to when I took the picture? It's in that span of time
---
Game Grabs, Trailers, and Pickups!
http://www.youtube.com/storino03
#26BdowDELL222Posted 4/4/2013 10:25:31 PM
According to the logic I just read... If I were to buy a brand new car and the check engine light came on when I was driving it home, I should just ignore it? It's not anybody's fault?

If I were to buy a TV and have it installed only to find out a few hours later there is a burn in image on it I should be OK with that and not be compensated??

I mean yeah, first world problems yada yada yada, and yeah there are definitely more important things in life, but for some people who work hard to earn there money and treat people they know fairly, it's pretty reasonable to expect a little fairness in return.

Anyways, TC, I hope the system turns out alright for ya.
#27danny5329Posted 4/4/2013 10:43:56 PM(edited)
Sell that Pikanips on ebay after you got it repaired and just get a regular color XL . You'll still earn some money regardless.
#28_Candice_Posted 4/5/2013 12:19:42 AM
Excess-Fat posted...

Please dont start this s***.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#29TheosepiphanesPosted 4/5/2013 12:34:57 AM
I think you could have pushed to get it repaired for free. I got a DS lite that had something stuck under the touch screen, it looked like a fleck of dust. Nintendo replaced it for another one, no questions asked. Except that they replaced it for one with a dead pixel. When I called them on it the sales rep told me they didn't consider dead pixels defects and it was "the nature of LCD manufacturing." I politely called BS. They replaced it. They key is being polite but persistent, if you cannot get what you feel you're owed escalate to a manager or supervisor. If they still say no you may be out of luck, but hanging up and trying again may not hurt. Talking to the person's superior can be a crap shoot, it's your call whether to hang up, or escalate the call. When I want the issue to be escalated I usually phrase it "Is there anyone else I can speak to," instead of requesting to speak with a manager directly. I feel it sounds less threatening.

It sounds like you feel like you got a good deal though, which is all that really counts. Enjoy your repaired Pikachu 3DS. Although, It wouldn't hurt to call them back and explain the situation again... actually try this: Call them back, explain the situation, tell them your case ID if you have it. If you don't have it they should have it in their systems. Once the rep has your file ask if they have notes about your last telephone interaction, if they can't tell you what went on bring them up to speed. Tell them about the issue, what you were told, what they offered you, and what the resolution was. The error I see in the way the situation was handled is that the rep you initially spoke to had no way of knowing when the unit was dropped or if the unit was dropped at all. If the package was dropped it could have been in the factory, during shipment, during loading and unloading, or in the stock-room or on the floor at wal-mart. For this reason it is not valid to make a claim that it is not their responsibility because they have no way of knowing whether it is or isn't. The error you made was telling them that when the system was opened the issue was no there and that it appeared within the first day of use. I don't think you should need to lie, but I also don't think giving those details specifically were necessary, the fact is YOU didn't drop the system... So here is what you say: "Myself and my family have been long-time customers of Nintendo. We greatly enjoy the positive value Nintendo's games and devices bring to our household. My recent experience purchasing the defective 3DS XL unit has made me call into question my loyalty as a customer. I feel it is unjust that I should have to pay repair fees for a defect that was not caused by me. If Nintendo doesn't stand by their products which in this instance they are not, then I don't understand how I could be expected to stand by them either." I doubt they will try to argue this any further. If they do it's up to you whether to stick to your guns and fight it out, you could say that if this is an issue with mishandling during shipping the manufacturer should be responsible for making boxes more durable so that an issue like this does not occur in the future. What is most important is that you get compensated for the damages, ie: get the repair costs covered, or at least compensated for your time/their poor service in which they did not do what was right in the beginning which would have been to just cover the repair cost. You might get to choose between eshop credit and just getting the repair cost reimbursed. If you get this far where they've agreed that you're right just decide what you want and just ask.

Let us know how it works out.
#30blazeUP12Posted 4/5/2013 1:44:47 AM
Lesson to the board:

Anytime you want something fixed free under warranty, say the defect was seen right out of the box, not hours later. Saying the defect appeared hours later implies that it was working perfectly upon first usage.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet