I bet there won't be a metroid prime on 3ds.

#1king_darksPosted 4/4/2013 9:09:21 PM
Kid icarus uprising proved it wouldn't work.
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#2WiiThokoPosted 4/4/2013 9:15:58 PM
I'm sure it would work with controls similar to Metroid Prime on the GC. Just map beam/missile changes to the touch screen.
#3king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:17:37 PM
WiiThoko posted...
I'm sure it would work with controls similar to Metroid Prime on the GC. Just map beam/missile changes to the touch screen.

How will you aim then?
---
#4Phantom_NookPosted 4/4/2013 9:18:07 PM
how did uprising prove metroid prime wouldn't work on 3ds?
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#5king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:21:46 PM
Phantom_Nook posted...
how did uprising prove metroid prime wouldn't work on 3ds?

Comfort and control issues.
---
#6Starwars4JPosted 4/4/2013 9:24:56 PM
One of the best games in recent memory proved another great game couldn't work? Sure thing, chief!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7ares9090Posted 4/4/2013 9:28:08 PM
king_darks posted...
Kid icarus uprising proved it wouldn't work for me and some other spoiled whinners.

FIX'D
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#8t41tGjrPosted 4/4/2013 9:32:38 PM
king_darks posted...
WiiThoko posted...

How will you aim then?

Just like the Gamecube version where you held R down to move the cursor when necessary, but otherwise you pretty much just moved the analog stick for everything else. It works really well still, and I even prefer to play the Gamecube versions of the first two Prime games because of the controls; however, I still love the Trilogy version.
---
GT: t41tgjr
Owner of an ambassador Zelda Edition 3DS and will not be upgrading. >:(
#9GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/4/2013 9:33:21 PM
If a Metroid Prime game comes out on 3DS, I'm going to make a "I bet there won't be a Golden Sun on 3DS" topic.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#10king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:41:06 PM
Starwars4J posted...
One of the best games in recent memory proved another great game couldn't work? Sure thing, chief!

YaY Now that I'm of the shower I can post how I like! Anyway let's first start with the mention of it being the best game in recent memory... On the 3ds it maybe to some... however to others the controls render it a huge inconvenience to play. It was such a problem that even the devs acknowledged it and included the stand to help with making it comfortable. While it seems petty to bring it up... let look at the consequences shall we?

Looking at the recent topic about disappointing games kid icarus is rather prevalent almost solely to the controls. While a small minority on a obscure website may not matter the way this is reflected in review scores is definitely worrisome as they do hold some sway on sales and can keep the game from selling if the scores are bad. It is kind of obvious the M.P would take a similar control-scheme and thus may run into the same problems.

The controls could also prove to be a limiting factor aswell (although not nearly as bad as kid icarus). Lefties would be a obvious problem and buttons being unused could be a problem again.
---