I bet there won't be a metroid prime on 3ds.

#11king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:43:46 PM
t41tGjr posted...
king_darks posted...
WiiThoko posted...
I'm sure it would work with controls similar to Metroid Prime on the GC. Just map beam/missile changes to the touch screen.

How will you aim then?

Just like the Gamecube version where you held R down to move the cursor when necessary, but otherwise you pretty much just moved the analog stick for everything else. It works really well still, and I even prefer to play the Gamecube versions of the first two Prime games because of the controls; however, I still love the Trilogy version.

Don't think so. Metroid prime hunters control scheme for missile and beam changes worked fine. A redundant question as I could've answered it myself. Sorry guys.
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#12t41tGjrPosted 4/4/2013 9:46:30 PM
king_darks posted...
t41tGjr posted...
king_darks posted...
WiiThoko posted...
I'm sure it would work with controls similar to Metroid Prime on the GC. Just map beam/missile changes to the touch screen.

How will you aim then?

Just like the Gamecube version where you held R down to move the cursor when necessary, but otherwise you pretty much just moved the analog stick for everything else. It works really well still, and I even prefer to play the Gamecube versions of the first two Prime games because of the controls; however, I still love the Trilogy version.

Don't think so. Metroid prime hunters control scheme for missile and beam changes worked fine. A redundant question as I could've answered it myself. Sorry guys.

Why would they even use the touch screen at all for aiming? That would be a waste of the circle pad...

If they made a Metroid Prime for it the 3DS would pretty much turn into a Gamecube controller. That would be the best way to use it anyway.
---
GT: t41tgjr
Owner of an ambassador Zelda Edition 3DS and will not be upgrading. >:(
#13TehTrumpCardPosted 4/4/2013 9:46:52 PM
king_darks posted...
Phantom_Nook posted...
how did uprising prove metroid prime wouldn't work on 3ds?

Comfort and control issues.

No.

The controls aren't even that bad. you move with the circle and hold a single button to shoot, a shoulder at that.

Probably the best camera of any 3DS game. Revelations tries to use this camera but fails miserably because the camera can't overcome polygons (i.e. the environment).

But then again you're probably used to bad cameras and games with more complex controls...
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#14king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:07:31 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
king_darks posted...
Phantom_Nook posted...
how did uprising prove metroid prime wouldn't work on 3ds?

Comfort and control issues.

No.

The controls aren't even that bad. you move with the circle and hold a single button to shoot, a shoulder at that.

Probably the best camera of any 3DS game. Revelations tries to use this camera but fails miserably because the camera can't overcome polygons (i.e. the environment).

But then again you're probably used to bad cameras and games with more complex controls...

There are archives of me and Nnamz explaining why the controls are bad dating months ago fyi. Anyway here a brief recap.

The control scheme limited the total amount of actions you could do preventing complex combos, Free-dodging, Free-running, Free-shooting and Free-melee. If you don't understand what this means... It simply means to aim,dodge, melee and run whenever you feel like it. This causes clashes to be horribly unfair especially in combination with lag. It also make some attacks unavoidable like the black club fwrd dash shot, The turrent or a compact arm. It can accidently draw you in melee range for a pitiful death and could cause you to run from something you meant to dodge.

Another problem with the controls are the comfort and the consequences of it (Already said in topic).

Lastly is basically how the controls dictated the develop of the game. It honestly felt like they mapped out the controls and made a game around it to get it to work which explains the lack of the jump button, unused buttons, actions crammed into a few buttons and the miscomfort of playing it.
---
#15king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:11:04 PM
t41tGjr posted...

Why would they even use the touch screen at all for aiming? That would be a waste of the circle pad...

If they made a Metroid Prime for it the 3DS would pretty much turn into a Gamecube controller. That would be the best way to use it anyway.

It wouldn't ****ing work like that. Moving with ABYX would cause unimaginable rage. It gotta be the touchscreen to aim and the circle pad to move.
---
#16Excess-FatPosted 4/4/2013 10:16:20 PM
I agree with TC, Metroid Prime just isn't possible with the limitations of 3DS. Besides prime is best on the big screen, who would want to play such a magnificent game on a 3DS?
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#17t41tGjrPosted 4/4/2013 10:18:54 PM
king_darks posted...
t41tGjr posted...

It wouldn't ****ing work like that. Moving with ABYX would cause unimaginable rage. It gotta be the touchscreen to aim and the circle pad to move.

Are you saying that for Lefties? Because lefties would have no problem using the Gamecube style controls like they did when they played on the original Prime games. It would suck if they made the controls like the DS Prime games, but they could avoid that and make it like the Gamecube controls. Nobody would have to use ABXY for anything other than morph ball, jumping and shooting. It would work great because the lefties wouldn't have to move with ****ing ABXY, and they could just do the smooth moving/aiming like the Gamecube games.
---
#18PendragoonPosted 4/4/2013 10:20:16 PM
king_darks posted...
t41tGjr posted...

The circle pad would be for moving. Go play Metroid Prime on the Cube and you will see how it works.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#19t41tGjrPosted 4/4/2013 10:21:22 PM
Pendragoon posted...
king_darks posted...
t41tGjr posted...

The circle pad would be for moving. Go play Metroid Prime on the Cube and you will see how it works.

Thank you. At least somebody played the damn game and knows how smooth it was.
---
#20helldewPosted 4/4/2013 10:47:57 PM
i had zero issues with metriod prime hunters controls. I had zero issues with KIU`s controls. I used the stylus and Button controls but mainly the button controls cause i dont like pwning my touchscreen.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.