My R trigger button on my 2 year old 3DS is VERY VERY wobbly and loose!

#1gfaqsterPosted 4/5/2013 1:43:20 AM
Its still responsive but it wiggles like crazy.
My L trigger which has been used a lot less is nice and stiff.

but playing a few hundred hours of Mario Kart 7 drifting and recently Luigi's Mansion ghost vacuuming has really worn out my R trigger.

I'm scared of using it now because its soo loose it feels like a loose tooth before it comes out lol.

So is this when I need to sell my 3DS and get a new one?
Or do I just hang on to it until it stops being responsive?
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2MarikoNumber35Posted 4/5/2013 4:08:45 AM
the 3DS XL has even worse triggers.
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-
#3SIurmsMcKenziePosted 4/5/2013 5:24:19 AM
I would call Nintendo. They probably will be able to repair it for you. Much cheaper than buying a new 3DS.
---
The official party worm!
#4ss4gogeta_darkPosted 4/5/2013 5:38:03 AM
If you are a long time nintendo customer they fix all problems + bring it to factory standards physically, for 65 dollars. If you don't have history as I do, its 85 + 10 for shipping. Lucky me, I got my motion sensor and wobbly hinge fixed for 65.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#5stargazer64Posted 4/5/2013 5:39:32 AM
MarikoNumber35 posted...

Joke post.
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411
#6MarikoNumber35Posted 4/5/2013 10:41:05 AM
stargazer64 posted...
MarikoNumber35 posted...

Joke post.

no.
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-
#7GenericName9Posted 4/5/2013 11:16:09 AM
gfaqster posted...
Its still responsive but it wiggles like crazy.
My L trigger which has been used a lot less is nice and stiff.

but playing a few hundred hours of Mario Kart 7 drifting and recently Luigi's Mansion ghost vacuuming has really worn out my R trigger.

I'm scared of using it now because its soo loose it feels like a loose tooth before it comes out lol.

So is this when I need to sell my 3DS and get a new one?
Or do I just hang on to it until it stops being responsive?

LoL that is funny, not funny for having the issue, but MK7 really does kill R buttons. My son who plays mega hours of MK7 had his R button stop responding. What really sucks is he has the special Zelda 3DS, so replacing it is hardly an option. For the longest time I would blow into the button and do the toothbrush trick and it would help for about 10 minutes and then crap out again. He just got Luigi's Mansion and could'nt even play it had gotten so bad.

You'll have to most likely send it in if it's still under warrenty. Sadly ours was'nt. There is hope though, we fixed it for around 10 usd. There are places on the web that sell 3DS parts. I am in no way recommending you do this, you risk possibly damaging your unit if you don't know what you are doing, and also voiding your warranty. We disassembled it and replaced the R button contact that hooks into the 3DS system board. All you need is a small triple ot screwdriver, tweezers, a good light, clean work area, and a digital camera to take pictures as you go to ensure everything goes back the way it came apart. If you are unsure about operating on your 3DS though then I would just send it in.

It sounds like in your case the whole button needs to be replaced not just the contact like in our case. It sounds like the internal pieces that hold into place and steady are worn. I am not able to get to my home desktop computer right now, but this evening I can PM you the links to the place we got the parts from if you are interested. Check your PM's later at night tonight, I work kind of late sometimes so give it a little time, I'll get it to you sometime before tomorrow.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#8IcewitchPosted 4/5/2013 11:37:13 AM
Buy a Circle Pad Pro, the triggers are much better on it
---
Current GOTY: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Currently hyping: Dark Souls II
#9RetroFanGirlPosted 4/5/2013 11:40:05 AM
MarikoNumber35 posted...
stargazer64 posted...
MarikoNumber35 posted...

Joke post.

no.

Whoa, that explanation settled things.
---
Hi.
#10WallydraiglePosted 4/5/2013 2:15:31 PM
http://www.priceangels.com/Replacement-Left-Right-Trigger-Button-Switch-for-Nintendo-3DS-System-s830517.html
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.