Remember when people called the 3DS a flop?

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 4/5/2013 3:51:39 PM
Things have drastically changed in such a short amount of time. :-)

Just look at all the amazing games that have(or will) be released.

Resident Evil: Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Monster Hunter 4, Tales of the Abyss, Code of Princess, Samurai Warrior Chronicles, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Girl, Rune Factory IV, Fantasy Life, SMT IV, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor 2: Overclocked, Devil Survivor 2: Break Record, Project X Zone, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Dragon Quest VII, DQM: Terry's Wonderland, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario Kart 7, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Virtue's Last Reward, Ace Attorney V, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, Mario Golf: World Tour, Super Smash Brothers, Pokemon X & Y, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Lego City Undercover and more!

This proves that you shouldn't judge any system prematurely. The Vita is finally finding it's niche and receiving the support it deserves. The same will happen for the Wii U and the PS4/Durango(when they launch). Any system needs time to establish itself, with time(and patience) games shall come. :-)
---
Media Create Week 13 3DS: 66,980 Vita: 31,795 "It's beating the 3DS" - Sailor Goon 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#2Lelouch71Posted 4/5/2013 4:02:56 PM(edited)
They probably feel like idiots now. It's only 2 years old and it already got a lot of games I'm interested. It already surpassed the DS when it comes to games IMO. Not to mention it already past 30 million sold worldwide.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#3SafetyReyPosted 4/5/2013 3:57:40 PM
Must of been before the price drop.
---
Waiting for the frost white 3ds [us]
If i slept at night how would i watch you?
#4KamilPosted 4/5/2013 3:59:06 PM
People are often too quick to judge things. Sure the 3DS did seem laughable at one time, but it was a young system it was too early to judge it I thought. This happens in sports too when people are so quick to make judgements on things.
---
slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!
#5hyper kobun dashPosted 4/5/2013 4:11:31 PM(edited)
SafetyRey posted...
Must of been before the price drop.

This. I never even considered buying a 3ds prior to the price drop.

Edit: actually I remember wanting a 3DS badly for Super Street Fighter IV and Mega Man Legends 3, but not wanting to shell out $250 for one.

After spending $250 for PSP back in 05, I don't think I'll spend that much on a handheld ever again.
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#6KamilPosted 4/5/2013 4:04:12 PM
Yeah price drop prob helped too, I wasn't into it at all when it came out plus there weren't any games that caught my attention either.
---
slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!
#7SkittyOnWailordPosted 4/5/2013 4:04:56 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Remember when people called the 3DS a flop?"

I remember when most of the DS's first year had almost no games and people called it a flop too. And look how good it ended up being later.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#8Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 4:09:20 PM(edited)
I didn't purchase my 3DS until the price reduction/ambassador program announcement(yes, I'm a scambassador hehe). I was hesitant to get it at first, I regret my initial apprehension because this system is truly worth every penny. I'm amazed how far it has come in only two years,

2013 for the 3DS is going to be one of the best years for a single system in gaming history. :-)
---
Media Create Week 13 3DS: 66,980 Vita: 31,795 "It's beating the 3DS" - Sailor Goon 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#9Emperor_ZPosted 4/5/2013 4:08:36 PM
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team? I didn't know this existed! Sweet!
#10Shadowfxd2Posted 4/5/2013 4:13:01 PM
The problem is the vita is still a flop tc. Nice to see you try to reassure yourself on this board too. The 3ds had problems and flopped for 6 months, then got a price drop and tons of games. Vita is over a year and still flopping and Wii u is actually outselling vita launch to launch.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg