Remember when people called the 3DS a flop?

#81Genericgamer667Posted 4/6/2013 8:40:34 AM
Vyers posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Things have drastically changed in such a short amount of time. :-)

Just look at all the amazing games that have(or will) be released.

Resident Evil: Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Monster Hunter 4, Tales of the Abyss, Code of Princess, Samurai Warrior Chronicles, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Girl, Rune Factory IV, Fantasy Life, SMT IV, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor 2: Overclocked, Devil Survivor 2: Break Record, Project X Zone, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Dragon Quest VII, DQM: Terry's Wonderland, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario Kart 7, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Virtue's Last Reward, Ace Attorney V, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, Mario Golf: World Tour, Super Smash Brothers, Pokemon X & Y, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Lego City Undercover and more!

This proves that you shouldn't judge any system prematurely. The Vita is finally finding it's niche and receiving the support it deserves. The same will happen for the Wii U and the PS4/Durango(when they launch). Any system needs time to establish itself, with time(and patience) games shall come. :-)

No, it proves that you can. Because the 3DS was flopping. The 3DS' success was highly suspect, and everyone who expected failure was right to do so. The 3DS, today, is successful because Iwata took a failure launch window - and it was a failure launch window - and turned it around by dropping the price to an extreme low, comparatively. It was a hail Mary that, thankfully, kept it afloat until the drought truly ended. However, in the end, when Iwata is made to resign, his handling of the 3DS will be one of the big reasons why.

what is it with you and your assumptions? how will you feel if he doesn't and you look like an idiot AGAIN?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#82SlaysmePosted 4/6/2013 9:05:02 AM
parKb5 posted...
It WAS a flop. That is why they dropped the price by $80.00 months after its release. Heck, Iwata even took a pay cut because of it.

It is doing great now, but no one can deny that it had a horrendous first year.

I was there. It was bad. Lots of negativity about the 3d, and online stupidity. Remember that we didn't even have an e shop those first few months.....

Changes were made, and things improved.
---
Your television viewing may be a negative influence on your life. It may lie to you. Watch out! Don't believe the robots. Eat well
5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme
#83mahgah91Posted 4/6/2013 9:23:02 AM
The 3DS was a flop when people were calling it a flop. The only other consoles that dropped their prices as early as the 3DS were consoles that failed. The 3DS had a horrible library, terrible eShop release and things like the CCP had been announced.

In every way the 3DS for the first 6 months was a disaster. The holiday season is what saved them, that and Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.
#84Rurouni720Posted 4/6/2013 9:29:50 AM
mahgah91 posted...
The 3DS was a flop when people were calling it a flop. The only other consoles that dropped their prices as early as the 3DS were consoles that failed. The 3DS had a horrible library, terrible eShop release and things like the CCP had been announced.

In every way the 3DS for the first 6 months was a disaster. The holiday season is what saved them, that and Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

*facepalm*
#85PendragoonPosted 4/6/2013 10:48:57 AM
mahgah91 posted...

It sold 3.6 million in it's first month at $249.99, that is hardly a flop. (didn't stop the gaming media from proclaiming it a flop though, and that the Vita would destroy it)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#86PsychoWolfXPosted 4/6/2013 10:55:56 AM
Yeah I remember, I was one of those people. So glad I was proven wrong =)
#87VioletZer0Posted 4/6/2013 11:16:50 AM
With the 3DS, you either have be a fan of Nintendo (Which I am not) or a fan of JRPGs.

It is quite disappointing to be honest.
#88Rurouni720Posted 4/6/2013 11:33:02 AM
VioletZer0 posted...
With the 3DS, you either have be a fan of Nintendo (Which I am not) or a fan of JRPGs.

Sure if you want to segregate every other genre that can thrive on it. So no, you don't have to be. It's the interest in GAMES that can appeal to users who want a 3DS in the first place.

So yes, sorry to hear that but i'm sure others would say otherwise since it is a subjective opinion.
#89PendragoonPosted 4/6/2013 11:55:33 AM
Rurouni720 posted...
VioletZer0 posted...

Sure if you want to segregate every other genre that can thrive on it. So no, you don't have to be. It's the interest in GAMES that can appeal to users who want a 3DS in the first place.

So yes, sorry to hear that but i'm sure others would say otherwise since it is a subjective opinion.

Since the 3DS is the fastest selling piece of game hardware ever, I would say the world has spoken.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#90VyersPosted 4/6/2013 3:07:51 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...
what is it with you and your assumptions? how will you feel if he doesn't and you look like an idiot AGAIN?

Then I will say "Wow, it's amazing how investors are taking the many, many failures under Iwata's time as CEO and not caring."

What is it with you and kneejerk, fanboy insults? Are you implying that one's intelligence is determined by whether people think that Iwata doing a very bad job is an indication that he may lose his job or not? In the real world, job performance is, in fact, an important thing. Under Iwata, the GameCube sold 28 million fewer consoles than Iwata expected, and in more time than he stated. Under Iwata, the GameCube, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U experienced droughts - droughts that he promised would never exist. Under Iwata, we saw very little in terms of technological progress; the online experience came all too late and poorly done (experience meaning outside of basic online play), "Evergreen" led to fewer games made. And simply put, Iwata kept trying to appeal to a fickle market in ways that only detracted from core gamers' enjoyment. Thankfully, the 3DS alleviated that, but at the same time, the 3DS' only major new addition was... 3D. The Wii could say that it added motion control, the Wii U could say that it brought touch and dual screens to a home game setting, the DS could say that it successfully implemented dual screens and touch gameplay into the mainstream. 3DS? Beyond 3D, its additions were upgrades. More storage for downloadables, better online, better eShop, better graphics, smoother gameplay. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest - all of those were valid and welcome additions - but they certainly didn't care to really shake up the gameplay aspect of the 3DS at all.

The 3DS' price drop lost money for every console sold. It was the fastest price drop in the company's history. It was the biggest price drop in the company's history. Iwata took a hefty pay cut. The last two Nintendo launches were much, much worse than they could have - nay, should have been. Iwata is doing a disservice to Nintendo. As charismatic as he is, as likable as he is, as solid a game designer as he is, that doesn't mean that he's a good leader.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!