Will it be easy to clone pokemon?

#11EbonMagician(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 12:42:57 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
i don't think that'll work.
just get an ar,it's a lot less work then that.

AR doesn't work with 3DS games... o_o;
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#12Rizaadon007Posted 4/6/2013 12:52:44 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...

I'm fairly certain they'll crack it eventually. 'Tis only a matter of time.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#13SMASHKING84Posted 4/6/2013 1:10:01 AM
Rizaadon007 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

I'm fairly certain they'll crack it eventually. 'Tis only a matter of time.

i was reffering to the future as well.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Please check out my pokemon lp:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#14SMASHKING84Posted 4/6/2013 1:16:01 AM
Pendragoon posted...
Puddingchan posted...
EbonMagician posted...
If you have the digital version, backup SD Card, give away pokemon, restore back up save, repeat?

Good point!

I guess in this case it will be ideal to buy a digital version since you can clone Pokemon this way.

Hopefully Nintendo can prep a counter for this...

except you cannot use saves like this...
not on 3ds anyways.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Please check out my pokemon lp:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#15joemillionarePosted 4/6/2013 2:31:03 AM
3DS hasn't been hacked yet. I imagine it will be a couple of months after X and Y are released
---
And so the poor Nintendo Wii lived it's life as nothing but a Netflix slave, with the occasional Wii Sports game thrown in every now and then.
#16RocketZXbluePosted 4/6/2013 3:33:35 AM
EbonMagician posted...
If you have the digital version, backup SD Card, give away pokemon, restore back up save, repeat?

...ah crap... and here I was HOPING to play Pokemon legitimately... you realize that if they bring back item holding you'd be able to dupe items in the game.
I dunno how Nintendo will "block" that, I mean unless something game breaking happens like pokemon over lv100 they probably won't do anything!
I'll laugh if they put like "only one pokemon trade per day" and tracked through the game with a hidden timer. so changing the date on your 3DS won't work (like streetpasses)
nah probably much more simple like "oh you copied your save data? no trading for 24 hours!"

Action Replay will probably not exist, look at all the "new gen" consoles and handhelds, they require more extreme methods to hack like custom firmware and hex editing. but who knows maybe pokemon coming out will "inspire" hackers...
well i'm grabbing Pokemon X and Y on release so I can do as much legit before major hacks become mainstream.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME.
Admin of StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#17EbonMagician(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:29:01 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Pendragoon posted...
Puddingchan posted...
EbonMagician posted...

Good point!

I guess in this case it will be ideal to buy a digital version since you can clone Pokemon this way.

Hopefully Nintendo can prep a counter for this...

except you cannot use saves like this...
not on 3ds anyways.

except, yeah, yeah you can? You obviously don't know how digital works do you?
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#18MrFwibblesPosted 4/6/2013 8:44:15 AM
They could keep a server-side record of what you've traded. If the PID, IVs, EVs, etc. match up exactly, give an unclear error message, eg. "Error (22063) This Pokémon cannot be traded".

But we all know how backwards Nintendo is with online functionality so yeah, expect clones everywhere.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 4943-4917-6085
#19NewbieN00bPosted 4/6/2013 8:46:22 AM
This is true. I can't think of an easy way they can copy protect it like they did the GC games.
---
Give me all teh FE D':