Prof. Layton series

#1mumpsy21Posted 4/6/2013 4:37:21 AM
Just a quick question. Am I supposed to play anything before the 3DS game? I heard somewhere there's just one game I need to play before I play Majora's Mask, but I wanna make sure first.
---
Honey, who sweetened the Earth simply by existing. A threatening existence, his very world was on the brink of joy. Joy that lasts forever, the joy of death.
#2mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 4:39:48 AM
Sidequest(ion):
What is the #1 game you would recommend me?
---
Honey, who sweetened the Earth simply by existing. A threatening existence, his very world was on the brink of joy. Joy that lasts forever, the joy of death.
#3evil_deathscythPosted 4/6/2013 4:52:32 AM
the game you want to play is The Last Specter/Spectre's Call its one of those two names. as for what game to recommend I don't know your preference so I'll just say ocarina of time because you called the prof. Layton and the miracle mask majora's mask.
#4xPhoenixWrightxPosted 4/6/2013 5:00:18 AM
First of All, I think you mean Miracle Mask, not Majoria's Mask. (That is Zelda) If you are going to play Professor Layton, start with the Curious Village. All of the games are really fun.
---
A good lawyer keeps smiling no matter what happens.
http://tinyurl.com/c7eeoug
#5T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 4/6/2013 5:07:30 AM(edited)
There are five Laytons out.

The Curious Village
The Diabolical Box/Pandora's Box
The Unwound Future/Lost Future
The Last Specter/Spectre's Call
Miracle Mask

That's their order of release. But their chronological order is actually:

The Last Specter/Spectre's Call
Miracle Mask
-A third game still to come out here-
The Curious Village
The Diabolical Box/Pandora's Box
The Unwound Future/Lost Future

So you while you technically aren't losing any story by starting with the Last Specter, it's recommended that you start with the curious village.

Think of it as watching Star Wars Episode I, II and III without watching IV, V and VI first.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#6ghostblade003Posted 4/6/2013 5:06:35 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

Think of it as watching Star Wars Episode I, II and III without watching IV, V and VI first.

But why would you ever watch I, II, and III to begin with?

Yes, tc. Start with Curious Village though.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
PSN: DarkJustice77. Wii/DS/3DS codes: Just ask.
#7Sealed_SealPosted 4/6/2013 5:08:21 AM
You should also watch the movie Eternal Diva. It happens between Last Specter and Miracle Mask.
---
"My name is Zoe Trent and to the full extent, I'm a big b**** here." - some purple dog
"It's so much fun being dumb!" - Dumb Russell
#8Nikos_the_greatPosted 4/6/2013 6:15:23 AM
it's 2 trilogies; the second (the prequel) one isn't finished yet. So if you begin with the latest games you'll be stuck without the third game, and you'll have to jump to the first trilogy, and when the third game of the second trilogy comes out you'll probably have forgotten the first 2 games you played. So I suggest playing them the way they came out.

...Is my post confusing? I feel like it is.
#9FieldTornOutlawPosted 4/6/2013 6:27:12 AM
I would recommend playing them in order, starting with Curious Village, although the tech upgrades in Miracle Mask make it really hard to do so...

Having said that first games are all pretty affordable. So you don't be into it for too much $ if you get the whole series.

I still have Miracle Mask to beat. Here's hoping they keep with the pattern and release the sixth game this fall ;)
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#10MottmanPosted 4/6/2013 7:01:49 AM(edited)
FieldTornOutlaw posted...
I would recommend playing them in order, starting with Curious Village, although the tech upgrades in Miracle Mask make it really hard to do so...

Having said that first games are all pretty affordable. So you don't be into it for too much $ if you get the whole series.

I still have Miracle Mask to beat. Here's hoping they keep with the pattern and release the sixth game this fall ;)

^ This (except I have beaten Miracle Mask). I played them in order of release; and if you wish to play the entire series, I recommend you do so as well.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts