Prof. Layton series

#11mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:29:15 AM
@Nikos_the_great actually this whole thing's confusing, but I think I got the gist

>Play Curious Village first
>Play Last Spectre
>Play Miracle Mask
>Play the entire series if you can

Okay, now I know no one actually knows me here, but that's why I said "What is the #1 game you'd recommend me" because I'm trying out games that other people loved, and I want the #1 from you guys. That said, include DS games, in other words if there's a DS game you consider far better than any 3DS games, then recommend away.
---
Honey, who sweetened the Earth simply by existing. A threatening existence, his very world was on the brink of joy. Joy that lasts forever, the joy of death.
#12ghostblade003Posted 4/6/2013 1:16:08 PM
Radiant Historia then.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
PSN: DarkJustice77. Wii/DS/3DS codes: Just ask.
#13Nikos_the_greatPosted 4/6/2013 9:15:16 PM
mumpsy21 posted...
@Nikos_the_great actually this whole thing's confusing, but I think I got the gist

>Play Curious Village first
>Play Last Spectre
>Play Miracle Mask
>Play the entire series if you can

Okay, now I know no one actually knows me here, but that's why I said "What is the #1 game you'd recommend me" because I'm trying out games that other people loved, and I want the #1 from you guys. That said, include DS games, in other words if there's a DS game you consider far better than any 3DS games, then recommend away.

No! I'm saying you should play the whole trilogy first, just like everyone is saying. Start from curious village, then diabolical/pandora's box and then unwound/lost future (these are the american/european titles btw). Then last spectre, then watch the movie (it's important since it's related to the story), then miracle mask.
#14Ruff_PuffPosted 4/6/2013 10:01:45 PM
This is the order for the Layton series:

Curious Village;
Pandora's Box/Diabolical Box;
Lost Future/Unwound Future;
Last Specter/Spectre's Call;
Eternal Diva (the movie, which does actually add to the story, and it's good too);
Miracle Mask;
Azran Legacies (only available in Japan at the moment).

That's the order you should play in, imo. :3

And I recommend 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, then Virtue's Last Reward as games you should play! Also The World Ends With You. :D
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#15mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 10:03:04 PM
Ruff_Puff posted...
This is the order for the Layton series:

Curious Village;
Pandora's Box/Diabolical Box;
Lost Future/Unwound Future;
Last Specter/Spectre's Call;
Eternal Diva (the movie, which does actually add to the story, and it's good too);
Miracle Mask;
Azran Legacies (only available in Japan at the moment).

That's the order you should play in, imo. :3

And I recommend 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, then Virtue's Last Reward as games you should play! Also The World Ends With You. :D

I've played all of those you suggested, even finished all the endings.
---
Honey, who sweetened the Earth simply by existing. A threatening existence, his very world was on the brink of joy. Joy that lasts forever, the joy of death.
#16_Izanagi_Posted 4/6/2013 10:07:50 PM
ghostblade003 posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

Think of it as watching Star Wars Episode I, II and III without watching IV, V and VI first.

But why would you ever watch I, II, and III to begin with?

Because you like good movies, and unlike IV, V, and VI, I, II, and III were good movies.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#17nintendoggerPosted 4/6/2013 11:15:22 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
There are five Laytons out.

That's their order of release. But their chronological order is actually:

The Last Specter/Spectre's Call
Miracle Mask
-A third game still to come out here-
The Curious Village
The Diabolical Box/Pandora's Box
The Unwound Future/Lost Future

There is also a full length movie in between LS and MM. If you can rent it, I would. It's good too.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning, and The Legend of the River King.