Best Nintendo game by year: 2004

#1Magikoopa21Posted 4/6/2013 8:51:23 AM
Best Nintendo game from the year 2004? - Results (310 votes)
Donkey Konga (GCN)
0.97% (3 votes)
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GCN)
3.55% (11 votes)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GCN)
20.65% (64 votes)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)
47.42% (147 votes)
Pikmin 2 (GCN)
11.94% (37 votes)
Pokemon Colosseum (GCN)
9.35% (29 votes)
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA)
6.13% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Rules: Here we vote on the best Nintendo (published by Nintendo) game released each year in the 2000s. Using NORTH AMERICAN release dates because that's where the majority of us are from.

NOTE ABOUT REMAKES/PORTS: None will be included in these polls. I love games like Super Mario 64 DS and Pokemon FireRed as much as anyone else, but I think it's more fun to have just the games originally released in each year. I'll also go back and do the 90's later so you'll be able to vote for SNES/N64/GB games then.

Yesterday was the most decisive victory yet for The Wind Waker, which received a total of 123 votes. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (46 votes) also surprisingly beat out Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire (42 votes) for second place. Today's poll should be a close race with no clear favorite. Metroid Prime 2 and Paper Mario will likely battle it out for the top spot.

Previous winners:
2000- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (42.21%)
2001- Super Smash Bros. Melee (39.46%)
2002- Metroid Prime (39.55%)
2003- Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (43.93%)
#2AnclationPosted 4/6/2013 8:54:39 AM
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was easily my favorite game that year, so much fun!
#3blazeUP12Posted 4/6/2013 8:56:59 AM
Paper Mario for sure
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#4MarsfordPosted 4/6/2013 8:58:23 AM
TTYD is my 4th favorite game of all time...so....yeah...
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#5DarthFloatyPosted 4/6/2013 8:58:24 AM
Thousand year door is amazing; one of the best games of all time.
#6MottmanPosted 4/6/2013 8:59:53 AM(edited)
It's not going to win, but I'm taking this opportunity to vote for and then sing the praises of Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, my favorite Kirby game. On top of the tried-and-true but always fun ability to inhale and copy enemies, this game added a fully connected world to explore. Countless paths and branching routes to find all of the many secrets and various other prizes. True four-player multiplayer in which all parties can stick together to get past tough areas, or branch out and explore totally different portions of the game world.

Games just don't get more fun to explore than this. My ex-girlfriend and I used to have such fun partnering up, we each had a game file devoted solely to co-operative excursions on top of our individual files. Good times.

Thousand-Year Door looks like the favorite on paper (pun intended) but I have to go with my sentimental favorite Amazing Mirror here.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#7Magikoopa21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:00:33 AM
Mottman posted...
It's not going to win, but I'm taking this opportunity to vote for and then sing the praises of Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, my favorite Kirby game....

I didn't hear much about it when it came out, but it seems like those who played it really loved it. I definitely need to check it out soon!
#8MottmanPosted 4/6/2013 9:04:50 AM
Magikoopa21 posted...
Mottman posted...
It's not going to win, but I'm taking this opportunity to vote for and then sing the praises of Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, my favorite Kirby game....

I didn't hear much about it when it came out, but it seems like those who played it really loved it. I definitely need to check it out soon!

Most people either really loved the world structure or really hated it, from what I've seen. I'd say that the lovers outnumber the haters, though. Obviously I'm one of those who loved it, it gives the game an almost Metroidvania feel to it. The only thing I didn't like was that there were a few one-way routes, especially in Area 4.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#9ssjlinkxPosted 4/6/2013 9:17:23 AM
A few years ago I would have said Metroid. But lately I've grown to like the Paper mario games more than I used to. So my vote goes to TTYD. Zelda is decent but not replayable as much as the others much.
---
3DS FC: 2234-7659-6680
Don't feel like playing your games? Watch me play instead! http://www.youtube.com/user/jargus0
#10SuperMarioBruvsPosted 4/6/2013 9:21:11 AM
Believe it or not, I haven't played any of these games, bar Metroid Prime 2. So I won't vote today.
---
Official nobody of whatever board I post on.
NNID: Jason101 3DS FC: 2793-1140-7595