Why doesn't Nintendo release playable SNES classics on the 3DS?

#1XFactor1Posted 4/6/2013 2:11:29 PM
That is a huge missed opportunity.

Nintendo also needs to fix downloads to have real accounts instead of everything being hardware linked.
---
--
#2esoteric42Posted 4/6/2013 3:40:35 PM
Nintendo of America is too busy NOT releasing games for the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and NES to be bothered even thinking about releasing Super Nintendo or even Game Boy Advance games on Virtual Console.

Makes me glad that I have a Japanese 3DS. I'm already playing Castlevania II, when the first one was just released in the states. Not to mention that Nintendo of America wouldn't even dream of releasing the original Fire Emblem series for the Famicom (there isn't much translation needed for this one--if they could do it for Sin & Punishment, they can do it for this series).

I think the logic is that classic game boy games could never compete in a marketplace with Super Nintendo games sold alongside it.

But, as Nintendo fans, we know that a good game is a good game, regardless of hardware.

Reggie is a punk.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 4/6/2013 3:49:15 PM
because nintendo.
#4mahgah91Posted 4/6/2013 4:03:25 PM
Because in Nintendo's mind, no one will buy NES games if they release SNES games. So they're milking NES releases, alternating between popular games (i.e. Castlevania) and crap games (i.e. Golf).
#5MetalKirbyPlushPosted 4/6/2013 4:27:25 PM
I would just as readily buy the Oracles pack alongside ALTTP if that was an option. Portable VC games is a huge factor to me and even just playing OoT3D on the go has made me play it way more than I ever did back on the console. It's absurd that they don't put more VC games on the shop.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#6NeonYoshi11Posted 4/6/2013 6:01:03 PM
mahgah91 posted...
Because in Nintendo's mind, no one will buy NES games if they release SNES games. So they're milking NES releases, alternating between popular games (i.e. Castlevania) and crap games (i.e. Golf).

uhh..golf is good.
#7alexg1989Posted 4/6/2013 7:59:47 PM
OMD, Ninty still hasn't put SNES games for sale on the 3DS? Weak... so weak...

question... I know this was the case when the 3DS first released and am wondering if its still in issue, in case I end up buying one in the near future. If you buy digitally and your 3DS ends up crapping out, will you lose everything and not be able to transfer it to a new 3DS?
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#8PokeMasterPosted 4/7/2013 1:22:08 AM
alexg1989 posted...

question... I know this was the case when the 3DS first released and am wondering if its still in issue, in case I end up buying one in the near future. If you buy digitally and your 3DS ends up crapping out, will you lose everything and not be able to transfer it to a new 3DS?

It was never an issue. You can always call up Nintendo support and they can transfer the titles.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#9Bahamut_10thPosted 4/7/2013 1:30:31 AM
Because they advertised the VC as something focused on Game Boy and handhelds.
The NES is an exception because they think it's the epitome of classic stuff that must be in every console since the GBA.
#10MwulfPosted 4/7/2013 2:47:46 AM
alexg1989 posted...

It was never an issue. You can always call up Nintendo support and they can transfer the titles.

They'll just tell you to mail it to them along with something like $60, and hope they'll transfer the files from your old 3DS to the new one... odds are you'll lose the new one you send one and get a refurbished one back instead.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable