How much longer do you suppose till the 3ds gets "moving"

#21ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 4:46:40 PM
I am not judging nintendo harshly at all.

Stop being so defensive over something that isn't even an insult.

I just don't think there is a game that really defines the 3DS yet. That says "buy now"

But maybe pokemon will. Who knows.

Its doing so much better than the vita, that much is for sure.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#22PendragoonPosted 4/6/2013 4:54:48 PM
Vyers posted...
Pendragoon posted...
The 3DS is the fastest selling game system in history, it has an amazing library of games already out.

If you want RPGs, go to the link in my sig, learn Japanese, import a console and enjoy the many RPGs that have no US release date.

As impressive of a speed the 3DS hasd, it sold so quickly because of its post-price drop sales. The 3DS could have sold much, much better if the launch wasn't mismanaged. It needed more games, a cheaper price, a bundle; not being 3D couldn't hurt, either.

Sales didn't pick up until 3D Land launched. The price drop barely affected sales except for the few weeks around the drop. Sales at launch were some of the best launch numbers ever recorded. (3.6 million month one) Nintendo's problem is they keep setting unrealistic expectations for sales (they expected 4 million month one) The Wii U pulled in numbers second only to the Wii in console sales, not that it was reported as such.

Nintendo also keeps holding back first party games to give Third Parties a chance to sell. It has backfired twice now as Third Parties sabotaged the launch lineups. The Wii U's only mis-steps were the lack of a Wii U virtual console and a true account system. Other than that Nintendo did everything right, Third Parties let them down on the promised games. Nintendo is also the only console maker offering Backwards Compatibility and Digital transfers, so they are hardly behind the others in online features and support.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#23PendragoonPosted 4/6/2013 5:00:55 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...

I just don't think there is a game that really defines the 3DS yet. That says "buy now"

3D Land and Mario Kart 7 have driven sales through the roof. Animal Crossing is setting Japan on fire as did Monster Hunter 3G (with 4 coming soon)

The 3DS has system sellers, just not games to your taste. If you want Square Enix RPGs (like Bravely Default and Dragon Quest 7) learn Japanese and import them, because Square Enix just isn't good at localizing the games that fans want.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#24VyersPosted 4/6/2013 5:06:52 PM
Pendragoon posted...
ToastyAnakin posted...

3D Land and Mario Kart 7 have driven sales through the roof. Animal Crossing is setting Japan on fire as did Monster Hunter 3G (with 4 coming soon)

The 3DS has system sellers, just not games to your taste. If you want Square Enix RPGs (like Bravely Default and Dragon Quest 7) learn Japanese and import them, because Square Enix just isn't good at localizing the games that fans want.

A best-seller is not necessarily a system definer. To me, what defines the 3DS is Kid Icarus: Uprising, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Fire Emblem: Awakening.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#25OoSubaruoOPosted 4/6/2013 5:09:06 PM
Spaceman_Sp1ff posted...
FLY OFF THE SHELVES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16FdJrrAWSo