One great thing iDevices have done for Nintendo handhelds.

#1-Jammo-Posted 4/6/2013 3:40:59 PM
Most of the shovelware that absolutely plagued GBA and DS' library seems to have gone to the App Store. Remember how much licenced garbage those systems collected? You'd go into your game store, and it was hard to take the DS or GBA seriously as gam consoles with That's So Raven games and (Inserted millionth Ubisoft Petz game, none of which compare with Nintendogs). The App Store is a more viable option, and thus the 3DS library is cleaner and more respectable. Not as much sorting through garbage.
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#2GhetsisPosted 4/6/2013 3:44:40 PM
I still see just as much shovelware as ever on the 3DS.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3CubeTVPosted 4/6/2013 3:45:09 PM
I do remember that. That's one thing I liked about the PS2 having the most sales. It got all the generic games and the GC didn't.

Sadly, the opposite happened to the Wii and PS3.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#4Bikes-Posted 4/6/2013 3:45:34 PM
There's still some, I would give it time.
#5NewbieN00bPosted 4/6/2013 3:51:29 PM
I never thought about that, but it is true :0
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#6AnclationPosted 4/6/2013 3:55:20 PM
I don't really care about the amount of shovelware a system gets, it's not like I'll be wasting my time or money on it anyway.
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 4/6/2013 3:56:31 PM
Remember all the licensed garbage the NES and SNES got? It was hard to take them seriously as video game consoles.

Yeah, your logic falls flat on its face TC. Sorry.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#8-Jammo-(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 4:09:19 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Remember all the licensed garbage the NES and SNES got? It was hard to take them seriously as video game consoles.

Yeah, your logic falls flat on its face TC. Sorry.

Yeah I mean it was always there and it will be always be there.. BUT on NES, SNES, GB, GBC while it was their, they weren't as prominent as on GBA and DS. I mean a good portion of games on those old systems were crap but not exactly shovel ware. They were just ineptly made. You'd look at the row of SNES games on the shelf, it would be a mix of good and bad games, with the occasional Home Improvement and Wayne's World game.

During the later half of GBA and DS life you had to actively search for the games that weren't quick buck cash-ins.

There's always gonna be those games but I've seen a lot more of those type of games flood the App Store and less on 3DS. But yeah only time will tell if the 3DS library will get as polluted as GBA or DS. It got really bad at the end.
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#9RetroResetPosted 4/6/2013 7:36:30 PM
If you judge a system by the amount of shovelware that is on it, then you're doing it wrong...
---
Hardual Casuacore - The new generation of nobody-should-care-what-the-pigeon-hole-tag-is. Good games are good, bad games are bad, opinions are opinions. Period.
#10BosSBaerPosted 4/6/2013 8:35:56 PM
Anclation posted...
I don't really care about the amount of shovelware a system gets, it's not like I'll be wasting my time or money on it anyway.

It's stupid how some shovelware can sell for so much to collectors.
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz