One great thing iDevices have done for Nintendo handhelds.

#11thatmovingbushPosted 4/6/2013 9:41:31 PM
BosSBaer posted...
Anclation posted...
I don't really care about the amount of shovelware a system gets, it's not like I'll be wasting my time or money on it anyway.

It's stupid how some shovelware can sell for so much to collectors.

collectors.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 4/7/2013 12:17:20 AM
-Jammo- posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Remember all the licensed garbage the NES and SNES got? It was hard to take them seriously as video game consoles.

Yeah, your logic falls flat on its face TC. Sorry.

Yeah I mean it was always there and it will be always be there.. BUT on NES, SNES, GB, GBC while it was their, they weren't as prominent as on GBA and DS. I mean a good portion of games on those old systems were crap but not exactly shovel ware. They were just ineptly made. You'd look at the row of SNES games on the shelf, it would be a mix of good and bad games, with the occasional Home Improvement and Wayne's World game.

During the later half of GBA and DS life you had to actively search for the games that weren't quick buck cash-ins.

There's always gonna be those games but I've seen a lot more of those type of games flood the App Store and less on 3DS. But yeah only time will tell if the 3DS library will get as polluted as GBA or DS. It got really bad at the end.

There are tons of NES, SNES and especially GB and GBC games that were shovel ware no one wanted to play before we discovered Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle was garbage because we figured we would get the most out of that crappy birthday present we never wanted. I don't consider the games that would be good if the controls worked to be shovel ware and I think the old systems had just as many terrible Barbie games as we do today.

And some things people consider shovel ware today aren't. Things like cooking "games" and language trainers aren't shovel ware. I've seen people call Star Fox 64 and Super Mario 64 shovel ware around here, so I doubt the problem has gotten worse. People just call things they don't like shovel ware.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile