The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Pokemon no longer looks like a crappy DS game

#1Excess-FatPosted 4/6/2013 5:04:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vk_YC0MXJ-0

A little better than the garbage that they've shown before but they can still do better than that IMO. Good news for pocket monsters fans.

Agree/Disagree
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#2its_mattPosted 4/6/2013 5:06:01 PM
Pokemon has never been about good graphics
#3NarutoPosted 4/6/2013 5:07:42 PM
Looking like a crappy DS game is a step up from looking like a Game Boy game.
#4Excess-Fat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 5:16:42 PM
its_matt posted...

You're entitled to your own opinion but one of my main reasons for playing Pokemon is "for" the graphics, that's why I liked Colosseum/stadium. Phenac stadium was so beautiful with its waterfalls and the attacks in the game felt magical and alive, it's the only reason I play RPG's and why my favourite is FF13. (Though I realise Iím in the minority on that one.)
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#5themegaman7Posted 4/6/2013 5:19:22 PM
Excess-Fat posted...
its_matt posted...

You're entitled to your own opinion but one of my main reasons for playing Pokemon is "for" the graphics, that's why I liked Colosseum/stadium. Phenac stadium was so beautiful with its waterfalls and the attacks in the game felt magical and alive, it's the only reason I play RPG's and why my favourite is FF13. (Though I realise I’m in the minority on that one.)

So, It didn't matter at all that the gameplay was ass. Huh..
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#6MilesTeg420Posted 4/6/2013 5:20:51 PM
If graphics are the only reason you play RPGs, then maybe you should start looking into some other genres. FF13 graphics aren't even that good anymore. And it's a crappy game.
#7INTERWEBUSERPosted 4/6/2013 5:21:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vk_YC0MXJ-0

A little better than the garbage that they've shown before but they can still do better than that IMO. Good news for pocket monsters fans.

Agree/Disagree

Look at Luigi's Mansion 2, then Pokemon v1.0.6. The latter looks like ass.

or good gameplay. Or good balance. Or a good plot. Or innovation.
---
#8Excess-Fat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 5:30:05 PM
themegaman7 posted...

So, It didn't matter at all that the gameplay was ass. Huh..

I actually enjoyed the game-play very much in-fact I loved it more than any other FF game, but that is only because I didn't spam the "Auto-Fight" button like so many others have.
---
#9themegaman7Posted 4/6/2013 5:33:25 PM
I was more referring to Colosseum. I haven't played FF13, but from what I've seen it looks pretty bad.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#10Excess-Fat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 5:36:30 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
If graphics are the only reason you play RPGs, then maybe you should start looking into some other genres. FF13 graphics aren't even that good anymore. And it's a crappy game.

Actually the most beautiful game Iíve ever played wasn't an RPG, it was a plat former called Super Mario Galaxy but I find RPG's to have the most beautiful graphics on the most consistent basis. Though I do love the graphics from the halo series. (3+reach, havn't played 4).
---