Pokemon no longer looks like a crappy DS game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon no longer looks like a crappy DS game

User Info: Excess-Fat

Excess-Fat
3 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vk_YC0MXJ-0

A little better than the garbage that they've shown before but they can still do better than that IMO. Good news for pocket monsters fans.

Agree/Disagree
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.

User Info: its_matt

its_matt
3 years ago#2
Pokemon has never been about good graphics

User Info: Naruto

Naruto
3 years ago#3
Looking like a crappy DS game is a step up from looking like a Game Boy game.

Excess-Fat
3 years ago#4
its_matt posted...

You're entitled to your own opinion but one of my main reasons for playing Pokemon is "for" the graphics, that's why I liked Colosseum/stadium. Phenac stadium was so beautiful with its waterfalls and the attacks in the game felt magical and alive, it's the only reason I play RPG's and why my favourite is FF13. (Though I realise Iím in the minority on that one.)
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
3 years ago#5
Excess-Fat posted...
its_matt posted...

You're entitled to your own opinion but one of my main reasons for playing Pokemon is "for" the graphics, that's why I liked Colosseum/stadium. Phenac stadium was so beautiful with its waterfalls and the attacks in the game felt magical and alive, it's the only reason I play RPG's and why my favourite is FF13. (Though I realise I’m in the minority on that one.)

So, It didn't matter at all that the gameplay was ass. Huh..
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
3 years ago#6
If graphics are the only reason you play RPGs, then maybe you should start looking into some other genres. FF13 graphics aren't even that good anymore. And it's a crappy game.

User Info: INTERWEBUSER

INTERWEBUSER
3 years ago#7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vk_YC0MXJ-0

A little better than the garbage that they've shown before but they can still do better than that IMO. Good news for pocket monsters fans.

Agree/Disagree

Look at Luigi's Mansion 2, then Pokemon v1.0.6. The latter looks like ass.

or good gameplay. Or good balance. Or a good plot. Or innovation.

Excess-Fat
3 years ago#8
themegaman7 posted...

So, It didn't matter at all that the gameplay was ass. Huh..

I actually enjoyed the game-play very much in-fact I loved it more than any other FF game, but that is only because I didn't spam the "Auto-Fight" button like so many others have.

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
3 years ago#9
I was more referring to Colosseum. I haven't played FF13, but from what I've seen it looks pretty bad.
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -

Excess-Fat
3 years ago#10
MilesTeg420 posted...
If graphics are the only reason you play RPGs, then maybe you should start looking into some other genres. FF13 graphics aren't even that good anymore. And it's a crappy game.

Actually the most beautiful game Iíve ever played wasn't an RPG, it was a plat former called Super Mario Galaxy but I find RPG's to have the most beautiful graphics on the most consistent basis. Though I do love the graphics from the halo series. (3+reach, havn't played 4).
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon no longer looks like a crappy DS game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived