Pokemon no longer looks like a crappy DS game

#11SnoogleDumplingPosted 4/6/2013 6:44:50 PM
Disagree I'm a sucker for sprites and will stand by sprites over crappy 3D models like they have in X/Y
#12Excess-Fat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 6:45:45 PM
themegaman7 posted...
I was more referring to Colosseum. I haven't played FF13, but from what I've seen it looks pretty bad.

That's because it probably is, I seem to be the only one that I know of who likes it.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#13MilesTeg420Posted 4/6/2013 6:48:19 PM
I actually think X/Y look quite good. When the reveal first came out, I was expecting some real ugly 3D models. But I think what they have done looks really nice. Honestly, I was expecting worse and I think the graphics fit really well.
#14MilesTeg420Posted 4/6/2013 6:49:46 PM
Excess-Fat posted...
themegaman7 posted...
I was more referring to Colosseum. I haven't played FF13, but from what I've seen it looks pretty bad.

That's because it probably is, I seem to be the only one that I know of who likes it.

You should go to the FFXV board and declare your love for FF13. Don't forget to add how much you want XV to be like 13.
#15Excess-Fat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 6:50:11 PM
SnoogleDumpling posted...
Disagree I'm a sucker for sprites and will stand by sprites over crappy 3D models like they have in X/Y

I agree. Iím also a sucker for sprites and I would have them over ugly 3D models any-day.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#16MilesTeg420Posted 4/6/2013 6:52:41 PM
The sprites in B2/W2 weren't exactly amazing. I mean, sprites are great and all, but if they're gonna look and behave like that than I'm not sure why we want to keep them. They were pretty lazily done and not very impressive at all.
#17Excess-Fat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:00:21 PM
I've never played those 2. I played hg/ss. I think sprites are just "ok", but are better than putting out nasty 3D if they can't find the prowess to design it correctly. Sort-of like a middle ground where you can't go wrong type of deal.
---
#18MilesTeg420Posted 4/6/2013 7:05:01 PM
Excess-Fat posted...
I've never played those 2. I played hg/ss. I think sprites are just "ok", but are better than putting out nasty 3D if they can't find the prowess to design it correctly. Sort-of like a middle ground where you can't go wrong type of deal.

I think X/Y has pretty much nailed it. The game looks way better than B2/W2. Maybe sprites would look better, but thats only if the effort is there, which clearly we have seen that it's not.
#19RoksuPosted 4/6/2013 7:08:18 PM
I think it has more to do with the amount of Pokemon that we have now. And Pokemon XY is gonna introduce more of them so the amount of work to model them and program various animations for over 400 different Pokemon is no small task.
---
PSN: Rokuyo14 (NA / Inactive), Roksu13 (HK / Active)
3DS FC: 2406-5366-0034
#20SnoogleDumplingPosted 4/6/2013 7:12:29 PM
I will agree that B/W2 had ugly moving sprites but it I just hate the art style X/Y has I just find it so incredibly unappealing. Thankfully I'm not very picky when it comes to graphics and I can look past a art style I find unappealing, but I still prefer the crap sprites from B/W 2 to whatever it is X/Y has.