Advance Wars VC

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Advance Wars VC
2 years ago#1
With the popularity of FE:Awakening, what are the chances of getting the first 2 advance war games on the eshop?
2 years ago#2
FE is nothing like AW except the fact that Intelligent Systems designed the games. Other than that there is no real correlation. AW is too much pure strategy with very little room for error. Whereas Fire Emblem allows a little room for error and less on strategy since you can power level certain guys.

Plus RPG elements just make it better (surprise surprise). So yes Advance Wars might be on VC someday but not cuz of FE.
---
Favorite Series = Fire Emblem //// Favorite Game = Dark Souls
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
2 years ago#3
It's a pretty niche series, I don't see Nintendo clamouring to revive it. It's certainly more niche than Fire Emblem and appeals to different players.

Although the devs have stated that they would like to make another AW game.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
2 years ago#4
It's certainly more niche than Fire Emblem and appeals to different players.

Really? This is how you see it? Because all of the people that I know that are into Fire Emblem... are also into Advance Wars. Hell most of us probably played Advance Wars 1 & Black Hole Rising before even Fire Emblem 7 came into being. So, really, the player base is pretty shared. It doesn't "appeal to different players" it appeals to the exact same players.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: FE:Awakening, C:LoS:MirrorOfFate
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
2 years ago#5
But as to the real topic at hand, I think we have a harder battle of getting Ninty to get GBA games on the VC then worrying about what specific games we want for the VC when that platform isn't even available for purchase yet. Win that battle and I will be on of the FIRST to campaign for Advance Wars to come to the VC. Those 2 games are Classics.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: FE:Awakening, C:LoS:MirrorOfFate
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
2 years ago#6
It's like that Venn Diagram where you've got two circles with Fire Emblem Players, Advance Wars Players and there's a good slice in the middle that overlaps.

I know plenty of people who like Fire Emblem that don't like Advance Wars and vice versa. There's just a fair chunk in the middle that like both games. Claiming that an AW Fan is an FE fan or the reverse is just a good way to start arguments :)

They are rather different games, they try to do different things. I personally hope the two series keep their distinct identities.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
2 years ago#7
Famicom Wars is on the VC for JPN...hoping Advance Wars makes it in future
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Advance Wars VC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived