thinking about getting Code Of Princess

#1De_Blob_XPosted 4/7/2013 3:22:07 AM
So i saw on the eshop code of princess,heard of it before and putted it on my wanna get list but i have some questions.

- I like Action RPGS and that kind of game doing quests n stuff,updgrading weapons/armors,leveling up. Is this game like that?
- How is the online multiplayer? I like co op in RPGs and i cant find local players,i dont know anyone who owns a 3ds in my country. Is it playable,is it dead,what are the pros and cons?

Thanks in advance.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PSP | PS3 | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439
#2taosapaoPosted 4/7/2013 4:50:51 AM
This game is beat'em up rpg style rather than action rpg. If you ever played Golden Axe or Bare Knuckle before, that is this game style.

And about quest, leveling up and upgrading weapon. Yes this game had all of that especially, when they had tons of those content for you to enjoy. This game also had lots of character to play with. From main characters, to side characters, to enemies, bosses and even characters such as villagers lol.^_^

The online sadly is the only cons i can think about. The game can be laggy if you are staying at the country that have weak internet coverage and the fps problem can be kinda problematic if the game had too many gigantic class of boss like 4 dragon at once can make the game veryyy slow.

However,i have finished this game, and i can said i like this game especially when the story is light hearted 90s anime style where the reason of battle is a bit funny and all the M.C is also quite interesting.^_^
#3pbayne22Posted 4/7/2013 6:16:24 AM
Personally waiting for a sale, plenty of retail games to play at the minute
#4ZenithianHeroPosted 4/7/2013 6:24:16 AM
It's a beat 'em up with RPG elements. There are a lot of quests (or stages basically) and plenty of leveling and stat distribution to get you hooked, nearly every NPC and enemy is unlockable.

Story doesn't take itself seriously, the game has a good sense of humor.

My online experience was okay. It was laggy but mostly for 4 player rounds, 2-3 player was working fine for me. Been a while since I played so I don't know if it is still active.
#5Justice98405Posted 4/7/2013 7:33:42 AM
I cannot speak on the multi, as I haven't tried it yet, but this is a VERY cool game.
As said, it's really a beat'em'up (like Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, etc) with VERY light RPG elements thrown in.

Far as I can tell, this is one of the BEST localizations ever for a game. The dialogue and characters are AWESOME, from the writing to the excellent voice work, and the story and dialogue are very light-hearted and EXTREMELY funny, this is one of the funniest games I've played in a long time.

If you play single-player only, there is more after the campaign, you can grind out more levels for you main characters, and there's a mode where you can play as ANYONE, townspeople, dragons, bosses, etc. It's humorous, but nothing amazing. And then there's online if people are still on, I assume the co-op can be sweet with a good group of people, but as I said, I haven't tried it yet.

The charm and visuals and funny story, dialogue and characters EASILY make this a purchase if you are at all interested in it.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#6stargazer64Posted 4/7/2013 8:28:46 AM
Game is meh, imo. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it.

Story is fairly amusing at first, but gets old fast. Upgrading the characters is mildly addicting but I didn't care enough for the core gameplay to bother leveling everybody.
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411
#7adampeltzPosted 4/7/2013 2:22:35 PM
I found the game thoroughly bad in every way. SLOOOOOOWWW framerate (I mean glacial), poor combat system, short levels, idiodic AI, bad story, and bad voice acting.

The character art is not terrible, but the actual characters are so small that they lack detail. This game needed way more work before release. Get Guardian Heroes on XBLA instead.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.