Why did Nintendo even bother making the 3DS XL?

#21alphame4Posted 4/7/2013 10:35:08 AM
Troll topic.

Move along guys.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus
#22abbyhitterPosted 4/7/2013 10:36:11 AM
- bigger screens
- better stylus placement
- easier to hold
- better Start/Home/Select buttons
- no screen scratching

XL is better in every way except speakers.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#23BluesMX90Posted 4/7/2013 10:40:55 AM
Because it is better and 80% of 3DS users agree.

---
The Official SeeD Member of whatever FF Board
As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain. ~ Squall
#24PokeCrisPosted 4/7/2013 11:17:53 AM
Baha05 posted...
Question, why do you make so many topics with pointless ass questions TC?

---
3DS FC: 0430-8439-5209
Black2: 2022-9016-5179
#25somebody336Posted 4/7/2013 11:20:47 AM
idk But I probably wouldn't have gotten this new console series so soon if they didn't.
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
Fc: 0490-5171-0607
#26tinfoil21Posted 4/7/2013 11:37:07 AM
sixdeadpixels posted...
I have two originals (one Zelda Edition) and two XLs.

I'm not singling you out, but I always wanted to ask. Why do SO MANY DS/3DS owners have multiple systems? I understand two, at most, if there was a revision. But you DS fans buy these things like they're pancakes or something.
---
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and have his shoes.
#27DeathSoul2000Posted 4/7/2013 11:52:34 AM(edited)
tinfoil21 posted...
sixdeadpixels posted...
I have two originals (one Zelda Edition) and two XLs.

I'm not singling you out, but I always wanted to ask. Why do SO MANY DS/3DS owners have multiple systems? I understand two, at most, if there was a revision. But you DS fans buy these things like they're pancakes or something.

Ok, i'm just gonna go through all my nintendo handhelds i currently own and what purpose they serve.

GB Light - a A nice collectable and a good way to play GB games
GB Color - There are just some games i hate playing on the GBA and prefer on their home system.
GBA Og. x2 - One for playing GBA games, another for trading.(P.S. hate the SP)
GBMicro - Absolutely amazing for on-the-go play. Extremely discreet and no bigger than a flip phone.
DS Phat - I love the og's design, and i need at least one DS that is able to take advantage of dual-slot compatibility with GBA games. Again, also for trading.
DSiXL -The ONLY way to play DS games IMO. Unlike the 3DSXL, 99% of games are guaranteed to look better on it. I don't know how i lived without it.
3DS - Next-gen obviously.
3DSXL - I had some spare birthday money and i figured why the hell not. Improves a fair amount of games visually so it was worth it to me.

Used to have a lite for multi with a friend, but i couldn't go back after the xl and sold it. So i have a reason for all of my handhelds, maybe others don't and they just like collecting all the colors or something, but in the end thats their choice, so why do you care?
#28ThatGuyZPosted 4/7/2013 12:02:06 PM
1. Nintendo knows people will hand them money.
2. People believe buying bigger and better things makes them, "better". (Honestly, as many topics that parade this board on BOTH the Regular's and XL's sides praising one or the other, fanboyism is the term that is best suited)
3. It has some pros over the original but also its cons.
4. ???
5. Because people.
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#29SS4kronos33Posted 4/7/2013 12:10:22 PM
shinra35800
Posted 4/7/2013 10:51:12 AM
message detail
what's really pointless is that there is no NES classic edition version :(
------------------------------------------------------------

i agree.i could go for one of these and a zelda 3ds XL as well.maybe even one with a mario and luigi picture on it....mario XL being red and luigi being green of course.

tinfoil21
Posted 4/7/2013 1:37:07 PM
message detail
------------------------------------------------------------
lets see.....in case 1 breaks or stops working you have a back up.i plan on buying another zelda ds lite to keep sealed and a normal ds lite to be my regularly used ds.i also plan on doing the same with my zelda 3ds.....buy 1 more to keep sealed,have a regularly used 3ds and have at least a blue,white,and hopefully a green,black,orange or some other color 3ds XL just in case some of my friends dont have one when they come over.plus i like the XL because its more comfortable to use because i have slightly larger hands and they get cramps when using the original model.

and what will really get you tinfoil21 is i plan on having at least 10 of every console hand held and home just for this same reason.i already have at least 3 of everything already.games are a different story
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/
#30Seiri_OmaarPosted 4/7/2013 12:11:43 PM
The original DS and 3DS screens were just way too small. My eyes are bad enough as it is, thank you.
Luckily, stuff I wanted for the 3DS came out after the 3DS XL came out, so I bought that. No contest or hesitation in that decision. Plus I heard the battery life was better.