Best Nintendo game by year: 2005 (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)

#1Magikoopa21Posted 4/7/2013 10:07:10 AM
Best Nintendo game from the year 2005? - Results (327 votes)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GCN)
1.53% (5 votes)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN)
15.6% (51 votes)
Star Fox: Assault (GCN)
3.36% (11 votes)
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA)
5.81% (19 votes)
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA)
15.29% (50 votes)
Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
23.24% (76 votes)
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)
1.83% (6 votes)
Mario Kart DS
15.9% (52 votes)
Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time (DS)
5.81% (19 votes)
Animal Crossing: WIld World (DS)
11.62% (38 votes)
This poll is now closed.
PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Rules: Every single day several people complain even though I fully explain the rules for these polls in the first post.
1. Only games published by Nintendo are considered, no third party published games.
2. The release dates the polls are based on are NORTH AMERICAN release dates. Not Japan. 99% of us are not from Japan so it would not make sense to use Japanese release dates. I realize some of us are from Europe, but the majority are North American.
3. Regarding REMAKES AND PORTS: I have not included any in the polls so far and I have always explained my reasons for doing so. I think it's more fun to only have games be eligible the year they first come out. However, a user yesterday pointed out that some remakes are like completely new games, so from now on they will be considered on a case by case basis. Just remember that original games are given the priority to be included in the poll first, but if the remake is popular enough it will probably appear.
4. WHY ISN'T (insert obscure or unpopular Nintendo series) IN THIS POLL? There can only be ten options in a GameFAQs poll. I try my best to include the ten that have the highest chance of winning. Example: today I didn't include Pokemon XD or Donkey Konga 2. Why? Because I hate them? NO. Because Pokemon Colosseum and Donkey Konga got like no votes in their polls, and I don't think either of those games would have a chance of winning. I try to include some of the lesser-known series at least once and see how they do. If they don't get votes (Mario Party, Golden Sun), they most likely won't appear again unless it's a really popular game.
5. Please remember that this is for FUN!!!! There's no need to flip out if you disagree with the rules. If you think you have a valid argument for why I should change something, please leave a respectful comment and we'll work it out. Thank you for taking the time to read these rules. Have fun everybody!

Yesterday was an easy win for Paper Mario TTYD, which received a total of 147 votes, the most yet in these polls. The only other notable standout was Metroid Prime 2, which received 64 votes. Today will very likely be the closest race yet. There isn't a clear favorite at all, but if I had to guess, I'd say Path of Radiance and Mario Kart have pretty good shots. It will be exciting to see how this one plays out.

Previous winners:
2000- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (42.21%)
2001- Super Smash Bros. Melee (39.46%)
2002- Metroid Prime (39.55%)
2003- Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (43.93%)
2004- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (47.42%)
#2fuzi11Posted 4/7/2013 10:12:35 AM
minish cap and sacred stones are the only ones I actually played from that list and only because of the ambassador status.

So my vote goes to sacred stones
#3VictorReviewsPosted 4/7/2013 10:16:20 AM
Many great games but Path of Radiance just rocks.
#4Starwars4JPosted 4/7/2013 10:17:34 AM
Wow, this is just a collection of terribly mediocre games from great franchises. If any of these were in other polls I'd imagine they'd not get too many votes.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5ARsignal11Posted 4/7/2013 10:18:05 AM
Unlike Fire Emblem die hard enthusiasts, Path of Radiance was my first foray into the Fire Emblem series and man, I was definitely wowed with everything about it. While a lot of people might disagree, I was completely enthralled with the storyline, and even though I played various other strategy RPGs, there was just something about this game that made me appreciate the genre in a different light. Whether it was the perma-death or the character interactions, it was just different from other games I had played up to that point in time.

The only other game that I think holds a candle to Path of Radiance in this year is Minish Cap. And while its a good Zelda handheld, in my opinion, it was just another Zelda handheld. It was a great game, but it didn't really set itself apart from other games.

Fire Emblem left the biggest impression on me in this year's release, and hence, gets my vote.
#621_21Posted 4/7/2013 10:19:35 AM
Wow, TWO Fire Emblems in one year!? What kind of sorcery is this!?

I voted for Path of Radiance, btw.
---
Currently playing:
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#7AnclationPosted 4/7/2013 10:30:46 AM
Definitely voting for The Minish Cap, a really good, but overlooked Zelda adventure.
#8EmpirorPosted 4/7/2013 10:36:03 AM
mmmmmmm

Pokemon Emerald?

Yes please
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://stevenjobs101.wordpress.com/<---visit my blog :u!
#9blazeUP12Posted 4/7/2013 10:51:29 AM
Mario Kart DS
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#10Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/7/2013 11:43:01 AM
Anclation posted...
Definitely voting for The Minish Cap, a really good, but overlooked Zelda adventure.

Agreed. It was fun hunting down all the kinstones and finding where to fuse them.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.