Will Nintendo ever release GBA games on 3DS VC?

#1Atreju_Posted 4/7/2013 2:40:49 PM
It makes sense, portable retro games on a portable console.

We all know the emulator / tech already exists (Ambassador games / program)

Come on Nintendo, I want Metroid Fusion and Zero on my 3DS now.
#2VyersPosted 4/7/2013 2:41:25 PM
Honestly, I don't know why this has been such a problem for them. Probably want to make people buy a Wii U for GBA VC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#3Anema1986Posted 4/7/2013 2:43:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4GlamGlorpsPosted 4/7/2013 2:52:16 PM
Nintendo KNOWS they are sitting a gold mine, but they purposely hold back VC releases so as to not cut into their and 3rd party relations current releases. You can't really blame them from a business standpoint either.

It doesn't take long to discover a majority of people on GameFAQs only play games with Mario/Zelda/Pokemon in the title, so if they made every NES/SNES/GBA/N64 main first party game available all at once on the eShop, the mainstream AAA gamers would only buy those and then just play Zelda and Pokemon on their systems forever.

Hell, there was a whole wave of people who came to this board and started asking about the 3DS just because Pokemon was announced for it, and admitted that Pokemon was the only game they owned on their original DS.

So much wasted potential.

So, TL;DR answer: Market control.
#5ShinyAlchemyPosted 4/7/2013 3:13:17 PM
GlamGlorps posted...
Nintendo KNOWS they are sitting a gold mine, but they purposely hold back VC releases so as to not cut into their and 3rd party relations current releases. You can't really blame them from a business standpoint either.

It doesn't take long to discover a majority of people on GameFAQs only play games with Mario/Zelda/Pokemon in the title, so if they made every NES/SNES/GBA/N64 main first party game available all at once on the eShop, the mainstream AAA gamers would only buy those and then just play Zelda and Pokemon on their systems forever.

Hell, there was a whole wave of people who came to this board and started asking about the 3DS just because Pokemon was announced for it, and admitted that Pokemon was the only game they owned on their original DS.

So much wasted potential.

So, TL;DR answer: Market control.

The problem with that is that I'm still only going to buy those and then just play Zelda and Pokemon on my system forever.
---
Don't be upset because of what you can't do. Do what you do best, live as carefree and optimistically as you can because some people aren't able to do that.
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 4/7/2013 3:18:49 PM
GlamGlorps posted...

hmmmm.... nope, sorry still not gonna pick up a crap 20 year old game i've never heard of just because there's nothing better available and i'm willing to bet 1000's of others will do the same. it is a fail marketing strategy.
#7Starwars4JPosted 4/7/2013 3:21:38 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
hmmmm.... nope, sorry still not gonna pick up a crap 20 year old game i've never heard of just because there's nothing better available and i'm willing to bet 1000's of others will do the same. it is a fail marketing strategy.

Except those games are some of the most beloved and highest rated in gaming history. So...doesn't really apply :)
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 4/7/2013 3:25:38 PM
Starwars4J posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Except those games are some of the most beloved and highest rated in gaming history. So...doesn't really apply :)

yeah, not talking about mario/zelda/poke, i'm talking about B&W tennis, golf, alleyway, dr mario, tetris, when there are much better, colorized versions on eshop, so yeah, fail strategy.
#9StarmanJuniorPosted 4/7/2013 4:25:49 PM
Nintendo's use of the the virtual console and eshop is questionable at best. Sometimes I look at it and wonder...just what they are thinking. And the Wii U one? 30 cents a game is nice, but releasing one game a month? Again, I want to know what their strategy is behind those decisions.

I don't know why people say Nintendoomed. They should say Nintendumb.
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#10PendragoonPosted 4/7/2013 5:14:05 PM
Hopefully they will come with the account system update, I am holding off on any large digital purchases until it is in place and working properly.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709