Need some clarification on System Transferring

#1VeluxierPosted 4/7/2013 7:49:37 PM(edited)
So, I have a regular 3DS... but I bought a 3DSXL with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate pre-installed on the 4GB SD card. (Yes, my signature states I have it on Wii U. I want it on both systems)

What I want to do is, take every itty bitty bit of system data from my original 3DS (and 2GB SD), and put it on the XL. I want to obviously keep MH3U, and play everything I currently own on the XL. Going to give my original 3DS to a friend.

Possible? Would I have to re-download MH3U? Would I have to re-download all installed games that are currently on my original 3DS? I don't really care about those much... but having them still available would be awesome.

I don't wanna ask this in the sticky, because I saw responses there were suh-looow.
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
NNID: Veluxier. MH3U Name: Reixulev. HR: 6. EU
#2TinyTim123Posted 4/7/2013 8:08:08 PM
You will have to download everything downloaded on your XL, and your friend code, streetpass data and everything else will be replaced with that which is on your original 3DS. You will be able to download the stuff on your XL by going into the eShop, all the way to the left somewhere under redownload. Hope this helps.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#3Veluxier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:13:34 PM(edited)
Yeah, thanks!

As long as Ambassador status, eShop account activity for both the 3DS and XL are pushed and merged onto the XL... I will be a happy camper.

A quick format of the original 3DS, and my friend will also be a happy camper.
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
NNID: Veluxier. MH3U Name: Reixulev. HR: 6. EU
#4rahxephon122Posted 4/7/2013 8:15:00 PM
It should automatically format the original 3ds afterwards anyways.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#5Thunderbird8Posted 4/7/2013 8:34:42 PM(edited)
I transferred an ambassador 3DS to a 3DS XL that came with Mario Kart 7. I had to redownload MK, and everything from the original 3DS (including the ambassador stuff) was transferred.

However, take note that the transfer doesn't actually move anything from system to system (just the eShop account), you are told to take the SD Card from the source system and move it to the target system, so you'd need to move the contents of the 2GB card to the 4GB one or else MH won't fit (unless you have very little stuff on the 2GB card, given that MH is around 14,000 blocks).