Question about free 3DS game...

#1coocoo4cocopopsPosted 4/7/2013 9:16:40 PM
So, I bought the 3DS XL when it just got released in August, and now I'm thinking about buying Luigi's Mansion. Just making sure, but I'm NOT eligible for the free game, right?
---
dam u adrian
#2LooksLikeRainPosted 4/7/2013 9:17:13 PM
Did you already register your hardware?
---
Is that a W shirt?
#3coocoo4cocopops(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:21:22 PM
My CN says it was registered on August 23, but there's no Serial # beside the name of the system, like there is with my other systems.
---
dam u adrian
#4jose_ole1Posted 4/7/2013 9:32:03 PM
You are not eligible.
---
3ds FC 4253 3721 5818
Less QQ More pew pew
#5coocoo4cocopops(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:56:28 PM
jose_ole1 posted...
You are not eligible.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Why are the early supporters always punished... :' /
---
dam u adrian
#6MwulfPosted 4/7/2013 10:15:28 PM
jose_ole1 posted...
You are not eligible.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Why are the early supporters always punished... :' /

You also missed out on the Ambassador games. Sucks to be you. (And me, I'm in the same boat).
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#7BurgerTime79Posted 4/7/2013 10:34:39 PM
You weren't "punished". You're just upset because you purchased something and later on a situation happened that you wanted to take advantage of. Since you can't get it, you're throwing blame on the company. What do you expect them to do? Tell you ahead of time through Ms Cleo that they're doing this promotion at a later date that hasn't been decided yet? Never do the promotion because god forbid anyone who's already bought a system might want to get some free stuff? If a price drop is announced at E3 are you going to flip out and complain that you want a refund of the price difference because you got it for a more expensive price before the announcement?
This is a clear cut example of sour grapes.

The whole point of the promotion is to try and get more sales for the system by offering a free game if you purchased the system and one of the qualifying games within a certain time frame. Other companies have done this too.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#8coocoo4cocopops(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 7:52:36 AM
BurgerTime79 posted...
You weren't "punished". You're just upset because you purchased something and later on a situation happened that you wanted to take advantage of. Since you can't get it, you're throwing blame on the company. What do you expect them to do? Tell you ahead of time through Ms Cleo that they're doing this promotion at a later date that hasn't been decided yet? Never do the promotion because god forbid anyone who's already bought a system might want to get some free stuff? If a price drop is announced at E3 are you going to flip out and complain that you want a refund of the price difference because you got it for a more expensive price before the announcement?

The whole point of the promotion is to try and get more sales for the system by offering a free game if you purchased the system and one of the qualifying games within a certain time frame. Other companies have done this too.

Okay, I seriously didn't mean what I said lol. In fact, I probably would've said the same thing you did, had I seen a message as haphazard as mine.
---
dam u adrian
#9TVthePunisherPosted 4/8/2013 8:02:06 AM(edited)
BurgerTime79 posted...

True...but the Ambassador thing is a bit of a ripoff. Just because someone paid a little more before the price drop, they're given access to games that still are not (and probably will never be) available to the general public. That's kind of a raw deal, no matter how you look at it.

An example of how this would be acceptable:

Person buys 3DS at launch. Nintendo announces that because of the major price drop, they are credited 3 free games of their choice (or more games, but all of which are already available to the public). All $39.99 pricetags too, for free.

It's not acceptable to withhold 10 games (I think it's said that the other Ambassador games are available widely, just not any of the GBA ones).

*finishes mini-rant...some guy pops up and says "Life isn't fair"*

Hmph...sure, it isn't and I'm used to limited runs of things...EXCEPT, those are physical releases you can end up buying somewhere else in case they run out. Example: Pikachu 3DS XL. Since this crap is digital...you either do some illegal crap with a flash cart or buy an "Ambassador 3DS" online for however overpriced it's going to be. When I only really want 5 of the GBA titles they listed.
---
Butt-hurt. Butt-hurt, everywhere! People are so easy to offend...yet the things they find offensive are usually the most hilarious!
#10BurgerTime79Posted 4/8/2013 12:19:10 PM
TVthePunisher posted...
True...but the Ambassador thing is a bit of a ripoff. Just because someone paid a little more before the price drop, they're given access to games that still are not (and probably will never be) available to the general public. That's kind of a raw deal, no matter how you look at it.

An example of how this would be acceptable:

Person buys 3DS at launch. Nintendo announces that because of the major price drop, they are credited 3 free games of their choice (or more games, but all of which are already available to the public). All $39.99 pricetags too, for free.

It's not acceptable to withhold 10 games (I think it's said that the other Ambassador games are available widely, just not any of the GBA ones).

*finishes mini-rant...some guy pops up and says "Life isn't fair"*

Hmph...sure, it isn't and I'm used to limited runs of things...EXCEPT, those are physical releases you can end up buying somewhere else in case they run out. Example: Pikachu 3DS XL. Since this crap is digital...you either do some illegal crap with a flash cart or buy an "Ambassador 3DS" online for however overpriced it's going to be. When I only really want 5 of the GBA titles they listed.

They did the ambassador games because of how much backlash they were going to get for dropping the price so quickly. And they had to drop the price because of how many people where crying and complaining that it was too expensive. They wanted their sales, and they wanted to keep the early buyers happy.
Had people been credited 3 free games, at that point in time it would have been games people already owned. Again, they're looking to make sales, so crediting for future games would have cut into the sales.
Basically they threw together some older titles that people wouldn't mind were digital and gave them away to the "ambassadors".
And really, 3 free $40 games. They would have been digital, and I would have likely ignored them or giving them away. Unless they're offering me a voucher to get those games physically, I don't need them.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking