Random thing, but I think a recent update fixed the framerate in Mii Plaza.

#1Banjo2553Posted 4/7/2013 10:27:53 PM
When I do the Puzzle Swap, I usually just hold R to go fast-forward on it. Before, it used to slow down a lot when doing this (ironically), especially when I got to the puzzles with larger amounts of pieces. A couple days ago I got a system update and tonight I tried out Puzzle Swap. No slow-down whatsoever, and I think the fast-forward actually moves faster as well, noticing it on the Find Mii minigames as well.

So yeah. Interesting. I didn't think the slowdown issue when fast-forwarding would be fixed, but there you go.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#2PendragoonPosted 4/8/2013 1:04:25 AM
Lots of games got framerate bumps from that update (less slowdown). KH DDD, MH3U, Tales of the Abyss (no more overworld slowdown!) Sonic Racing, MGS3, and many others.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#3cadorPosted 4/8/2013 2:30:07 AM
Did Castlevania: MoF get a frame bump? I noticed I could see most of the time what the enemies where doing now and was able to do more sync blocking.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#4NathanisDrakePosted 4/8/2013 2:43:36 AM
Pendragoon posted...
Lots of games got framerate bumps from that update (less slowdown). KH DDD, MH3U, Tales of the Abyss (no more overworld slowdown!) Sonic Racing, MGS3, and many others.

Really? Can anyone confirm this?
#5rizsparkyPosted 4/8/2013 3:35:21 AM
NathanisDrake posted...
Pendragoon posted...

Yup, can confirm the Mii Plaza and Sonic Racing framerate buffs.
---
PSN: Rizsparky
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#6kopo007Posted 4/8/2013 3:58:16 AM
NathanisDrake posted...
Pendragoon posted...

Yes:)

Most of the game that I have now are much more smoother, except for RE: Revelation, which still is the same as it was before.
#7gransPosted 4/8/2013 4:24:49 AM(edited)
Pendragoon posted...

Both myself and Rurouni720 have KH3D and we both noticed a substantial improvement to the game's performance. There are several topics about how one of the most recent updates substantially improved the performance in games that had performance troubles before.

I can't speak for the other games, but numerous other people on these boards have claimed that the full non-demo versions of those have also received performance improvements. Someone first mentioned it had helped the Sonic Racing game (though it doesn't appear to affect the demo, just the full game). From there onward, people tested other games that had serious framerate drops and noticed improvement in most of them. I was skeptical myself until I tried my copy of KH3D (which suffers from serious framerate issues) and noticed a very clear improvement throughout. Drops aren't entirely gone from the game, but they're very heavily and noticeably reduced.

So i'd probably assume what others have said about other games and apps are true as well.

Most of the game that I have now are much more smoother, except for RE: Revelation, which still is the same as it was before.

To be fair, Revelations really doesn't have much or any framerate problems during the actual game. It only gets choppy when the game is loading a major new area (like in elevators and opening really large doors to different parts of the ships). But that's not a problem that ever crops up when you're actually playing the game, it's just the game loading (you can tell because the game will take a long time to enter the next area)..
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville