If you have a console and a 3DS why do you play your 3DS more?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If you have a console and a 3DS why do you play your 3DS more?

User Info: srsgamer87

4 years ago#1
For me it's 4 things.

1- I've played handhelds since the original Game Boy days. So there's a nostalgia factor.

2- The games for this system simply appeal to me more. I like simple, arcade-type games, and the 3DS has a ton of them, like Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy.

3- I like games that I can pick up and play for 30 minutes but still get far. I find with console gaming I have to invest hours to make any substantial progress. I don't have the time / attention-span for that anymore.

4- I like being able to play my 3DS anywhere in my apartment. I can lie down on my bed, lean back on my recliner, play sitting down with the stand on my table or play while standing up outside. I like having these options. With my 360 (collecting dust) I have to be in my cold dark basement and that's it.

User Info: fuzi11

4 years ago#2
I like to watch TV while playing games

3DS: Win Win

Wii U: Win Win

Wii: loooooose

User Info: SafetyRey

4 years ago#3
My ps3 is for netflix

My Wii u is for when netflix is on my ps3

My 3ds is for my hiding from my family who wants to watch netflix and play nsmb u.
Waiting for the frost white 3ds [us]
If i slept at night how would i watch you?

User Info: MagiusNecros

4 years ago#4
Wii U needs to have games to play one though. Which 3DS currently has more of.
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board

User Info: dancer62

4 years ago#5
Handier, can play anywhere.

I can leave a game on sleep, and pick it up again anytime, don't have to fire up a console and a TV.

I can't remember the last time I used a home console, other than to watch movies. .
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.

User Info: Limen123

4 years ago#6
I'm just more of the type to play in bed. And because my newest console is a PS2, sadly.

User Info: FieldTornOutlaw

4 years ago#7
Only console I currently have is a 360 and it's largely just a netflix box. Anymore I only play the yearly obligatory COD game for a month then it's back to netflix.

My family dominates the TV's so I just end up on the 3DS. More fun anyway!
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328

User Info: ARsignal11

4 years ago#8
I'm usually pretty 50/50 between my Xbox 360 and 3DS. However, I am spending more time on my 3DS because I've been in a serious JRPG mood and as you might have noticed, they don't really exist on the 360 outside of a few games that I've already played.

So yeah, I'm probably more so 65/35 on my 3DS these days.

User Info: TinyTim123

4 years ago#9
I don't have a TV in my house; my TV and 360 are at my brother's apartment, and I go there to play multiplayer Borderlands 2.
Also, I am not home enough to play any console system on a regular basis. It's not just 3DS that falls into that category; my Vita is frequently played as well, over my home console.

User Info: Black_Assassin

4 years ago#10
Different games/exclusives.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If you have a console and a 3DS why do you play your 3DS more?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived