Best Nintendo game by year: 2006

#1Magikoopa21Posted 4/8/2013 8:32:59 AM
Best Nintendo game from the year 2006? - Results (433 votes)
New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
7.62% (33 votes)
Elite Beat Agents (DS)
5.08% (22 votes)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)
5.08% (22 votes)
Tetris DS
2.08% (9 votes)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN/Wii)
52.89% (229 votes)
Chibi-Robo! (GCN)
1.62% (7 votes)
Baten Kaitos Origins (GCN)
4.85% (21 votes)
Wii Sports (Wii)
5.08% (22 votes)
Drill Dozer (GBA)
0.46% (2 votes)
Mother 3 (GBA)
15.24% (66 votes)
This poll is now closed.
PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Rules: Every single day several people complain even though I fully explain the rules for these polls in the first post.
1. Only games published by Nintendo are considered, no third party published games.
2. The release dates the polls are based on are NORTH AMERICAN release dates. Not Japan. 99% of us are not from Japan so it would not make sense to use Japanese release dates. I realize some of us are from Europe, but the majority are North American. The exception are games that are not released in NA, like Mother 3, in which case the release date used is the Japanese one.
3. Regarding REMAKES AND PORTS: I have not included any in the polls so far and I have always explained my reasons for doing so. I think it's more fun to only have games be eligible the year they first come out. However, a user yesterday pointed out that some remakes are like completely new games, so from now on they will be considered on a case by case basis. Just remember that original games are given the priority to be included in the poll first, but if the remake is popular enough it will probably appear.
4. WHY ISN'T (insert obscure or unpopular Nintendo series) IN THIS POLL? There can only be ten options in a GameFAQs poll. I try my best to include the ten that have the highest chance of winning. Example: yesterday I didn't include Pokemon XD or Donkey Konga 2. Why? Because I hate them? NO. Because Pokemon Colosseum and Donkey Konga got like no votes in their polls, and I don't think either of those games' sequels would have a chance of winning. I try to include some of the lesser-known series at least once and see how they do. If they don't get votes (Mario Party, Golden Sun), they most likely won't appear again unless it's a really popular game.
5. Please remember that this is for FUN!!!! There's no need to flip out if you disagree with the rules. If you think you have a valid argument for why I should change something, please leave a respectful comment and we'll work it out. Thank you for taking the time to read these rules. Have fun everybody!

Yesterday was the closest win yet for Pokemon Emerald (76 votes), with three games that battled it out for second place: Mario Kart DS (52 votes), Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (51 votes), and Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (50 votes). Today's poll will likely be an easy win for Twilight Princess, but there could always be an upset.

Previous winners:
2000- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (42.21%)
2001- Super Smash Bros. Melee (39.46%)
2002- Metroid Prime (39.55%)
2003- Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (43.93%)
2004- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (47.42%)
2005- Pokemon Emerald (23.24%)
#2WickedSickJoshPosted 4/8/2013 8:35:54 AM
I know it's kinda unpopular on these boards but I voted for Twilight Princess. It's one of my favorite Zelda games and I personally enjoyed it more than Wind Waker and Skyword Sword.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), WWE '13 (360), Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#3SuperMarioBruvsPosted 4/8/2013 8:38:03 AM
Definitely Twilight Princess.
---
Official nobody of whatever board I post on.
NNID: Jason101 3DS FC: 2793-1140-7595
#4StarmanJuniorPosted 4/8/2013 8:44:57 AM
Mother 3 all the way. Never has such a masterpiece from the beautiful brain of Shigesato Itoi brung out so many astounding emotions, including humour, sadness, irony, and just plain off-the-wallness. It's a shame that NoA won't touch this because they are too stupid, making the amount of casuals who have actually played it drop significantly.

God bless you starmen.net for translating this gem.
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#5themegaman7Posted 4/8/2013 8:51:25 AM
Baten Kaitos: Origins. It may not be the masterpiece the first one was, but it's still pretty darn good. And it's not like any of the other choices offer it any competition... at all.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#6SMASHKING84Posted 4/8/2013 8:52:06 AM
tough choice i was tore between my favorite zelda game and the best tetris game,in the end i picked tp because tp is still underrated to this day.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Please check out my pokemon lp:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#7SmashBro25Posted 4/8/2013 8:53:14 AM
While I may not be the biggest fan of TP, I still respect it as a game and it is easily the best game on this list.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#8AnclationPosted 4/8/2013 8:58:36 AM
Twilight Princess, even though it's my least favorite 3D Zelda.
#9spooky96Posted 4/8/2013 8:59:54 AM
New Super Mario Bros.

Too bad its with TP, it will get trashed badly.
---
If I could read would I be selling peanuts?
#10keybladesrusPosted 4/8/2013 9:03:08 AM
Twilight Princess for sure.
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com