Mario Tennis Open ceased production?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mario Tennis Open ceased production?
2 years ago#1
i went to a gamestop yesterday in palm beach county fl looking for tennis open and i was told the game has ceased production. The employee did search around the area and told me a nearby store did have one new and that the warehouse a copy left. i have seen new copies in toys r us and walmart but who knows how long they have been sitting on the shelf.
2 years ago#2
Not a surprise.

I doubt i sold well. It had zero innovation and was pretty bare bones.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
2 years ago#3
lol...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
2 years ago#4
i know it didne't sell very well so it could have
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
2 years ago#5
Its one of the best selling 3DS games... so how did it not sell well?
---
Proud owner of 3DS XL, GBA SP, N64, Xbox 360 & PS2.
Favorite game series: Zelda, F-Zero, & Kid Icarus.
2 years ago#6
It's entirely possible and may be true, but in my experience, "Ceased Production" is often just Gamestop-speak for "We're not buying any more copies."
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
2 years ago#7
What the heck has happened to Camelot? Between Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Mario Tennis Open, it seems the quality of their games has really gone downhill in recent years. Did they have a major personnel shakeup there or something?
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
2 years ago#8
Mottman posted...
What the heck has happened to Camelot? Between Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Mario Tennis Open, it seems the quality of their games has really gone downhill in recent years. Did they have a major personnel shakeup there or something?

A shame really, they were one of my favorite devs in the GBC/GBA era.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PS3), Ni no Kuni (PS3), Disgaea 3 (PSV), Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
2 years ago#9
When i bought this game when it came out i did have fun with it but after about a couple hours of playing it, it felt very bare. I just wanted to buy the game again because i left it at my brothers house in another state and we can play something other than mario kart online.
2 years ago#10
I played 55 hours of that game rather quickly. Online was fun but became broken and then I said f*** it.

y no RPG mode >=(
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mario Tennis Open ceased production?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived