I'd like to know your opinion guys

#1xfrankcookxPosted 4/8/2013 11:47:20 AM
i need help with something, i've been a sony console type of guy for some time, but though i have 2 ps3, for a long time now, i can actually say that the games for this generation were not of my taste at all. i love srpg, jrpg, etc. the only game i can REALLY say i loved was dark souls though it's more action "rpg". i've been thinking about buying a 3ds xl for a few weeks now for several reasons, the shin megami tensei games (i'm a fan) that are being released on the console, i love monster hunter too, played only the ps2 one, but still, loved it. love fire emblem too, and i've been told awakening is amazing. i could buy the console, but in my countries it's really hard to get those games, like, REALLY hard. do you think it's worth it? buying a console only for specific games that are even hard to find
#2zinformantPosted 4/8/2013 11:49:31 AM
Not really. The genre you're looking at would be better found on a PSP/Vita, though you do have access to PSN classics on a PS3.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#3GlamGlorpsPosted 4/8/2013 11:58:00 AM
If you've been a Sony guy and skipped over the original DS then you not only have upcoming RPGs for your 3DS but also a huge backlog of great original DS RPGs to play on your 3DS.

If you include the backwards compatibility, the 3DS is the greatest system with the most diverse library since the SNES.
#4DespondentDeityPosted 4/8/2013 12:09:54 PM
3DS/DS is the new Gamecast
---
http://i.imgur.com/k0VJ3.png -TYVM urmomishawt04!
Gravity may not be a right, but it's damned hard to take away from people. -Arctic_Sunrise
#5xfrankcookx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 4:05:51 PM
GlamGlorps posted...
If you've been a Sony guy and skipped over the original DS then you not only have upcoming RPGs for your 3DS but also a huge backlog of great original DS RPGs to play on your 3DS.

If you include the backwards compatibility, the 3DS is the greatest system with the most diverse library since the SNES.

yeah i know, that's a good reason, and the vita doesn't really have any game i'd play, except for persona 4 golden, and i've already played persona 4. and i have almost every classic game from psn that i like. and replayed them. That's why i'm searching for something new. Already found the pikachu edition of the 3ds xl, so i'll be buying it on 4 or 5 days, if i don't find the games i want, i could always download them from the eshop. thanks guys