Nintendo and Konami should make a game called "Metroidvania"

#21IHeartMetroidPosted 4/9/2013 2:32:17 AM
Metroid already has vampires in it. Doesn't need more.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#22snowflake182Posted 4/9/2013 8:52:39 AM
SoaringDive posted...
Why yes, we should add abhorrent and out-of-place RPG elements to Metroid, and put a space bounty hunter in a small, pathetic castle.

It's like trying to make Super Smash Bros X Playstation Allstars. You have an amazing game, that was cloned and then made worse through adding poorly thought out mechanics. You don't combine them, it would diminish the quality of the original game.

It's funny that you bash PSASBR for its mechanics but its more embraced by the FGC as a whole than SSB ever was.

I don't know all that much about psasbr(I play it occasionally, nothing crazy)
But, SSBM is STILL played at fighting game tourneys, it was at this years EVO after all
---
Nami is my waifu! ~<3
#23n00bsaib0tPosted 4/9/2013 10:20:23 AM
snowflake182 posted...
SoaringDive posted...
Why yes, we should add abhorrent and out-of-place RPG elements to Metroid, and put a space bounty hunter in a small, pathetic castle.

It's like trying to make Super Smash Bros X Playstation Allstars. You have an amazing game, that was cloned and then made worse through adding poorly thought out mechanics. You don't combine them, it would diminish the quality of the original game.

It's funny that you bash PSASBR for its mechanics but its more embraced by the FGC as a whole than SSB ever was.

I don't know all that much about psasbr(I play it occasionally, nothing crazy)
But, SSBM is STILL played at fighting game tourneys, it was at this years EVO after all

This years evo hasn't happened yet, but yes Melee will be at evo. It's actually a fine game, it has its following, but its no bigger of a following than UMK3 which has also been at evo. Considering UMK3s age compared to Melee, it not being at evo this year shouldn't be a mark against it IMO. But PSASBR is embraced, Brawl is a joke and Melee is only embraced by certain people with tons of rules enforced. I wasn't trying to bash SSB, I was pointing out that PSASBR has community support.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#24nonexistingheroPosted 4/9/2013 10:22:58 AM
Frozenx07 posted...
The term "Metroidvania" only lives on message boards. I'm pretty sure Nintendo and Konami are not aware of the term.

It was be great fan service though if they were to do that, but that would mean they would give us what we want and we all know they wouldn't want to do that. LOL

If they aren't aware of the term, they're way too out-of-touch with their userbases. It's also used on a variety of professional websites, by the way.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25Virus66Posted 4/9/2013 3:22:19 PM
Ghetsis posted...
ssbmrocks posted...
Yes, they should also mail everyone who buys the game $100 and 3 girlfriends in addition to having every single Metroid and Castlevania game unlockable on the cart.

Why would anyone need more than one girlfriend?

Well, technically you don't need one to begin with. That's called co-dependency
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#26joker120Posted 4/9/2013 10:54:19 PM
I hate the Term Metroidvania. Metroid did it first. Castlevania borrowed the idea and made it it's own. It should be called Metroid Style not "Metroidvania".
---
soul silver FC:1505 7978 9391; pearl FC:3911 0786 2278
#27Monkmaster79Posted 4/10/2013 2:25:28 AM
After Nintendo announced Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, a crossover like this doesn't sound so ridiculous.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#28chestershadowPosted 4/10/2013 6:37:33 AM
Ghetsis posted...
ssbmrocks posted...
Yes, they should also mail everyone who buys the game $100 and 3 girlfriends in addition to having every single Metroid and Castlevania game unlockable on the cart.

Why would anyone need more than one girlfriend?

Theyre trying to achieve a foursome (1 guy, 3 girls) out of futility. The key word here is try, not do.