Japanese release list ALREADY twice as big as the US one??

#1Larsa_BritdorPosted 4/8/2013 4:29:36 PM
Check the 3DS main page.
The japanese list is more than two times the length of the north american one.

Why the heck is this still happening? The 3DS has good released and localized games and all, but how come NoA STILL gives us so few good releases per time? The japanese list even has a lot of titles in just one month.
It's really lame how almost all of the confirmed upcoming localized titles are 1st party too. Nothing against Nintendo titles, but I for one feel like NoA thinks we're idiots who ONLY care for 1st party stuff.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVJ-p4TdlM8
#2Furikuri_flclPosted 4/8/2013 4:32:55 PM
That's because most N.A. 3DS owners are.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#3Lord_FroodPosted 4/8/2013 4:49:08 PM
You act as if your grorious Nippon-Ichi doesn't have shovel ware as well.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#4Larsa_Britdor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 4:51:20 PM
Lord_Frood posted...

Come back after you played those games.

The point here is simply that anything that isn't 1st party seems to need a long struggle to be brought over. This makes the options very limited.
---
#5LunarRoarPosted 4/8/2013 4:56:31 PM
Not everything has to come over. Frankly Japan get tons more shovelware than we ever do and I for one appreciate the filtration.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#6Larsa_Britdor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 4:58:29 PM
For someone who probably didn't even touch the games you sure like to pretend you know for sure how good they are.
---
#7BuretsuPosted 4/8/2013 5:00:42 PM
Larsa_Britdor posted...
For someone who probably didn't even touch the games you sure like to pretend you know for sure how good they are.

Whereas you've played these games before they were even released?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#8Lord_FroodPosted 4/8/2013 5:11:11 PM
Larsa_Britdor posted...
Lord_Frood posted...

Come back after you played those games.

The point here is simply that anything that isn't 1st party seems to need a long struggle to be brought over. This makes the options very limited.

Then posts...

Larsa_Britdor posted...

>implying that those games are good
>implying that those games are bad

Wtf, man
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#9LindyXMJHPosted 4/9/2013 3:36:19 PM
Because, just like with every Nintendo handheld before it, handheld gaming is much more popular in Japan hence more games for it in Japan, plus there are more Japanese developers making games for handhelds than there are Western companies making handheld games, hence more games for it in Japan.

Also many of the games are good, but many more are also aimed at a Japanese audience and wouldn't work over here in the West, while others that would appeal to us may just take a long time to localize and translate for release here. Which is very time consuming, and expensive for some of these Japanese developers, especially the ones that are literally 15-20 guys in a single room programming these games. So games will take longer to come here, and some just never do.

Needless to say, Nintendo 1st party games don't have these problems, and if they do run into trouble they can just throw money at it and make it happen, so that is how Nintendo can pump out more of their games a lot faster.
#10esoteric42Posted 4/9/2013 5:58:28 PM
This bothered me as well, until I got my Japanese 3DS in the mail.

The Japanese eShop is filled with demos and retail titles, and they accept US credit cards.

It doesn't even bother me that I don't know Japanese.

Furthermore, Japan gets the games first.

Lots of the games coming out in Japan will be translated and released in the West.

Unless North Korea has it's way ...
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)