2 Questions, Paper Mario Sticker Star REALLY? And am I getting ripped off?

#1TaplampPosted 4/9/2013 6:33:53 PM
Question one:
Why is Paper Mario Sticker Star so bad? I'm getting a 3DS XL this Thursday and I've been a long standing fan of the Paper Mario series, I was a little upset with Super Paper Mario, but is what I'm reading about Sticker Star true? Is it turn based battles? Can you really only fight with consumables? Explain this?!

Question two:
I'm buying my 3DS used. The seller told me that it has Mario Kart 7 pre-installed on the system but he's done a factory reset on the device before he's shipped it to me. Obviously, Mario Kart 7 is no longer on the system. He tells me I can just go to the eShop and download it for free back onto the system. Reason why I'm confused is, I'm going to be registering this 3DS to be apart of MY eShop account. Am I still gonna be able to go download this Mario Kart 7 for free using the device? Or am I gonna have to sign into the eShop using the former owners account just to play this game?
#2SMASHKING84Posted 4/9/2013 6:35:47 PM
It's not "bad" it's just not "good" what i mean is that it's like 5.9 quality playable but not fun past one playthrough. but buy it if you want maybe you'lll like it more then i did maybe not.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Please check out my pokemon lp:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#3trenton97Posted 4/9/2013 6:41:06 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
It's not "bad" it's just not "good" what i mean is that it's like 5.9 quality playable but not fun past one playthrough. but buy it if you want maybe you'lll like it more then i did maybe not.

You're entitled to your opinion and everything, but I must respectfully disagree. Sticker Star was about as fun as playing Monster Hunter and never going past the collect three unique mushrooms quest.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#4wiiking96Posted 4/9/2013 6:43:06 PM
Taplamp posted...
Question one:
Why is Paper Mario Sticker Star so bad? I'm getting a 3DS XL this Thursday and I've been a long standing fan of the Paper Mario series, I was a little upset with Super Paper Mario, but is what I'm reading about Sticker Star true? Is it turn based battles? Can you really only fight with consumables? Explain this?!

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is as bad as it's been made out to be. The level of interesting story and character elements as been dumbed down significantly and it feels just barely above a NSMB game in the department. The battle system has been nerfed to purgatory; it lacks most of the depth that it did in PM64 and TTYD. The players options are severely limited due to the lack of anything like badges or leveling up. The field gameplay is also dumbed down. Mario now doesn't gain new abilities as he progress through the game, and the puzzles generally all feel the same. The new "Thing" puzzles are very poorly made and just feel tacked on. The only thing that has really improved in the whole game is the level design, which feels much more three dimensional that it did in TTYD.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#5Cookie_AromaPosted 4/9/2013 6:44:00 PM
Taplamp posted...
Reason why I'm confused is, I'm going to be registering this 3DS to be apart of MY eShop account. Am I still gonna be able to go download this Mario Kart 7 for free using the device? Or am I gonna have to sign into the eShop using the former owners account just to play this game?

There are no eShop accounts. It's merely tied to the system, so you'll have access to whatever the former owner has downloaded via the shop.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 4/9/2013 6:46:36 PM
trenton97 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

You're entitled to your opinion and everything, but I must respectfully disagree. Sticker Star was about as fun as playing Monster Hunter and never going past the collect three unique mushrooms quest.

read the last sentance.
"maybe you'll like it more then i did,maybe not"
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Please check out my pokemon lp:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#7iammaxhailmePosted 4/9/2013 6:52:51 PM
PM: 8/10
TTYD: 9.5/10
SPM: 7/10
SS: 4.5/10
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#8Makeveli_livesPosted 4/9/2013 7:04:49 PM
Sticker Star is hardly horrible. But the entire game feels like a grind. No leveling up, No experience, fight with consumables, etc. Fighting anything more then once or twice to learn their movesets or whatever is a complete waste of time really. And the story isn't enough to hold up the game because it's dumbed down. And you get no partners or whatever so there's no development or switching it up in battles. And boss battles require a special sticker to beat them, but the game gives no hints or anything as to what you need until after you waste 10-15 minutes trying to beat it with regular stickers (which is damn near impossible btw) and you die and fight the damn thing a second time.

It's infuriating.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6142 0263
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#9iammaxhailmePosted 4/9/2013 7:07:05 PM
And boss battles require a special sticker to beat them,

Well, not REQUIRE, but they're really hard without knowing. And they're not always obvious or logical like things like this usually are in mario RPGs
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#10Taplamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:08:59 PM
Cookie_Aroma posted...
Taplamp posted...
Reason why I'm confused is, I'm going to be registering this 3DS to be apart of MY eShop account. Am I still gonna be able to go download this Mario Kart 7 for free using the device? Or am I gonna have to sign into the eShop using the former owners account just to play this game?

There are no eShop accounts. It's merely tied to the system, so you'll have access to whatever the former owner has downloaded via the shop.

So even if I link the eShop to my club nintendo, then the Mario Kart 7 will still be playable by me?